Thread: just had medical assessment now asking me for another one

just had medical assessment now asking me for another one

on esa and dla for mental health.because it's been tranfered to pip had a medical in October 2017 which I failed to go as I never received appointment letter.had a tribunal in Feb 2017 which I won as money stoped for dla pip.told have to go to assessment before they back pay my pip and award it to me. April I get a new assement which I went and now June another assessment want to see me again.not sure if the medical for esa or pip.but why do they need to see me again? can't they use one assessment for the other one.very suspicious about this

sorry first assessment was planned for October 2016

My guess is that PIP and ESA have totally different retirements and therefore totally separate assessments and the one assessment will not do for both awards.

The assessor might have sent you a letter saying what it's for, or a letter with their phone number so you could perhaps phone and ask them.

The assessments for PIP and ESA are different and are looking at different things.
    Although the questions do seem similar the way your answers are assessed is very different.

PIP is assessing how you cope with your daily living and getting about.
    ESA is assessing if you could manage any work or not.

So they ask similar questions, but your answers will be different and will be judged differently to take account of just what they are assessing.

They have in the past tried to use PIP assessments for ESA, and vice-versa, but found that it does not work well enough because the information recorded for one is not the information needed to assess the other.
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-19-2017 at 06:59 AM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.