Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip

Pip

Me on about my PIP form again, I presume if you haven`t given enough information on your form then they will have to give you a home visit, correct. Besides the woman I spoke to on phone said they have all the information they need, but they wont have received the form yet. Its a mine field

If they don't have enough info then you will almost certainly have a f2f. Home assessment is unlikely without a GP letter
    It is also possible that they will make a decision and award 0 points
    Last edited by David69; 06-25-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I had a f2f assessment at home, I didn't request one nor did I have a GP's letter.
    The only thing that I can think of is that I put on the application form that I needed lift access but would be unable to get down the stairs in the case of an emergency so I presume all our local assessment centres were on upper floors

I had a home visit. I thought I had given them plenty of information, but not a GP's letter. The assessor came to me at home, presumably because there was no bus service in my area.

Home visit for me this time too, no idea why, no doctors letter and never requested one.

I had to fight for months to get a home visit

I got a home visit without asking, not sure why as they still stopped my money.

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Me on about my PIP form again, I presume if you haven`t given enough information on your form then they will have to give you a home visit, correct. Besides the woman I spoke to on phone said they have all the information they need, but they wont have received the form yet. Its a mine field
    When making these applications you need to keep in mind the old saying "act in haste repent at leisure" we can ill afford mistakes when applying for benefits in this day and age.

Not sure I agree there, Jard! There's always the appeal process, plus all the carefulness drafting answers and sending them evidence is a waste of effort.

After my award, I was left with the impression that the DWP hadn't paid one single bit of attention to my form or my evidence and after the first glance to see why I was claiming, nor had the assessor. Her report told them everything they wanted to know - the DM's letter more or less said either that I was not allowed to claim for some of the problems I'd mentioned, or that I'd invented some of the problems one can claim for.

So next time I have to do one of those claims, I think I'll spend about 1/10 of the effort on what I send them.

GRRRRRRRRRr GRRRRRRRRr GRRRRRRRr GRRRRRRRr thats what I am going to write over and over again if they force me to make a new claim who knows it may work