Thread: Worried now

Worried now

As some of you will know, I had my face to face a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't great but could have been worse. Anyway, I suddenly remembered when we had being looking at my meds I told him I was taking 100mg twice daily of Keppra which he wrote down but in fact it's 500mg. I rang PIP who told me to ring DWP who were nice but said a decision had probably been made by now but he would contact them saying there was a discrepancy on face to face form and what it was. The assessor also used the drugs brand name but in the letters they've got they used the generic one. Will this mean I've got to go through it all again? I made a bit of a mess of it to be honest. I was asked how many times do I see my consultant and I said once a year, he wrote that down and started talking about other things but now I realise that I also see 2 other consultants at a different hospital at other times and make journeys and have to go to those. I forgot so much.

No need to worry, you won't need to go through it again. Most of us forget things at f2f. Did you submit a copy of your prescription with your PIP 2 form ? if so then they should have the correct dose.
    Have you asked for a copy of the report ?
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thanks David Yes, I sent a list printed off by my local pharmacist also saying what each drug was for. I crossed out a couple of items I took then but there we're not on repeat and no longer used. The date of the med list was last October. I don't think anything's changed since then. My epilepsy consult is the one I see yearly but the others are here and there and all at different times a the moment cos I'm having a knee replacement next Thursday. Guess I should tell them I'm going into hospital, still on DLA so it's probably them I tell isn't it? The epilepsy consultant gave me a really nice letter saying that in his opinion I needed constant care cos I have 7 or more minor seizures most months where I remember nothing but walk about talking rubbish, playing with my hands, bumping into things and dropping things. The consultant also said I shouldn't go out alone as I would be vulnerable, which is true, once someone pretending to help me stole my purse. I don't collapse but I do trip over things during a seizure. The seizures last about 3 to 5 mins then I come out of them but it's amazing the trouble you can get into in 5 mins when you have no awareness at all.
    Last edited by Milliesmum; 07-09-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Good luck with your kneee replacement. I think that they don't need to be notified unless you are in hospital for more than four weeks
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I called PIP today and asked about telling them when I was in hospital. You tell them when you come out apparently. Anyway, I also asked about my award and was told a letter was sent to me last Thursday but it can take 7 to 10 days to arrive which is why I've not received it yet. Then I asked if I was allowed to know the outcome and apparently I've got enhanced mobility and enhanced care for looking after my own care or what ever she called it. I can't believe it, it's open ended too.
    Thank you all for your help and advice. I'm still worried something will go wrong, don't think it's sunk in yet. I think I'll feel better when I get that letter. Some times there's a happy ending.

That is fantastic news, now you can relax and take care of your health

hi well done on your award and it will take a lot of worry away regards palmer

So good to hear good news, well done!

Thank you. I've got the paperwork now and also had my knee replacement last Thursday. Was home Saturday afternoon cos I really gave it my all and could do the required bend the day after the op. The exercises hurt like hell but I'm keeping at it and actually felt a tiny improvement today. Doing short walks, just to the end of the road yesterday on my crutches and a bit more today. My husband comes with me cos of the epilepsy but that's been ok so far, just had one seizure yesterday and they're only mild, I don't collapse but lose total awareness. I feel very lucky, thanks again.