Thread: All Terrain mobility solutions

All Terrain mobility solutions

Has anyone else had recourse to deal with this firm www.allterrainmobilitysolutions.co.uk?

I'm getting a Trekinetic and they seem to be the dealer for my area, but the bloke seems to have the computer skills of a 5 year old. No, that would be insulting the five year old. Does not fill me with confidence!
    They are based in Bolton.

Not come across them before, interesting but expensive. Have you seen the Burgerman wheelchair site? Self customised, a wealth of information.
    I assume you cannot use a scooter. I have a pro-rider road king, and it is adequate for my treks through nature reserves, woodlands, fields etc and I guess that is the sort of use you envisage?

I have not the room to store a scooter, nor can you easily get one in a car - which kinda sucks for if you want to travel.

Mine goes easily into our Peugeot 308 estate. Using ramps..............much easier than using the hoist I had fitted ( and I removed).
    I would not use a wheelchair type of device for all terrain, too top heavy.

so it's time to ditch the Lightdrive!

I was at the Disability Awareness Day in Warrington and this company was promoting this wheelchair.

Going by the Youtube videos it looks fairly stable.

My concern would be when coming down a gradient. If you came to a sudden halt you'd be thrown out as the back wheel came off the ground.

These days most people resort to 'crowd funding' to buy their electric wheelchair.

Going downhill, you splay the wheels outwards and the seat tips back! Takes a bit of getting used to. Had a trial on a very hot day. Been wishing for a few years, seeing it at Naidex, MS Life, Mobility Roadshow.
    I wont be ditching the Lightdrive, but as you will know - It dont do grass, or woods or mud....it still gets people stopping me and saying HOW does that work?????

Looking at the auto version it would cost me over £10,500 and it would weigh over 36kg - so you might need a ramp or hoist putting in a motor.

My Lightdrive weighs 9 kg and Quickie Xenon wheelchair 9kg - half the weight of your suggested wheelchair.

Today I was off roading but I hired a scooter as it was more practical going over bumpy muddy grass.

Yes I am aware of both of those issues and working on them!! We contacted Remap - "we solve problems for disabled people". Because while neither of us can lift 25kg, if we can collapse it onto a low trolley then we can move it. As to travelling it will freewheel into a WAV taxi. So they are hopeful of solving the problem.