Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA Assessment 11th June.....still waiting....

ESA Assessment 11th June.....still waiting....

How long does this normally take???

I phoned this afternoon, after being on hold for 42 mins they finally answered....she was rather short, she just said we have now received the report and you should be hearing soon. I said within a day or 2? She said yes maybe.....???

Probably weeks more than days

Phoned again this morning as they didn't even advise me which group had been suggested for me. Got a nice guy who told me it had been advised that I be put into support group and that the report was looked/received on 20th June....but it had yet to be passed....

Don't hold your breath. Chase em up every week untill there is action.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekypomme View Post
    How long does this normally take???

I phoned this afternoon, after being on hold for 42 mins they finally answered....she was rather short, she just said we have now received the report and you should be hearing soon. I said within a day or 2? She said yes maybe.....???
    Hi there, my assessment was also on 11th June - my claim was started in October 2016 and has taken so long to process. To cut a long story short my award was made this Tuesday but I have had to get my MP involved and communicate relentlessly with the UC helpline and the DWP complaints team. My whole claim only appeared to move forward with a kick up the backside from either me or my MP. My advice is to keep on at them. Good Luck

Gosh, awful waiting time....
    I was told last week the report got stamped to be looked at on the 20th June, nothing has happened since.

I'm not sure these call handlers actually do anything when I phone.... ;-(

They are pretty much just that, call handlers. They can read what is on their screen but no other information. If necessary they can request a call back from a manager if you request it.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    They are pretty much just that, call handlers. They can read what is on their screen but no other information. If necessary they can request a call back from a manager if you request it.
    So it doesn't matter if I call every week.....maybe I will call again next week .....that's 2 weeks after my original call.... ;-(

Ok so I haven't called again, simply because I got my phone bill...and the first call I was waiting 6 minutes 37 secs at a cost of £3.79

Second call.....I was waiting 40 minutes 9 secs at a cost of ......wait for it.....£22.89 !!!!

Seriously???? How on earth is someone on benefits because of ill health supposed to phone these people without these charges?!

When I received my Pip decision (only got low one, tribunal for this is ongoing) I got the back pay into my bank then received the actual letter some days later.....

Is this the same for ESA? Meaning that will be how I know my decision is on it's way???