Thread: Mandatory Reconsideration

Mandatory Reconsideration

Hi, I'm just about to submit a reconsideration request against my PIP allocation of lower living and lower mobility. Is there any advise on how I should lay this out. Eg. I do list what I think it should be or just list my reasons? I was on higher living Allowance but have been dropped to the standard rate. I have been allocated 11 points for living and 8 for mobility. Many assistance on how I should present this would be helpful.

list each descriptor, what you scored for it, what it should be and why. If you have any additional evidence make reference to it.

Remember to use the "reliability" factor with each descriptor. This is your best way to change a decision, you cannot argue with an HCP's opinion, you can only argue the facts. By showing that the HCP's opinion was limited to a very short period of time and that over a longer period the relibility factor comes into force, you should have been awarded more points.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

This advice is good and generates a letter for you. You can also add some legal stuff. The letter comes back as an email which you download and edit.

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool