Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking Atos GP

Hybrid View

Taking Atos GP

Hello,
    I hope you all are having a better week than I,Looking info about taking a GP from Atos to court over Defamation of character because of what has been written and I have the proof plus a witness,Does any one know of this ever happening
    and how it went,Or also interested in your views on this.
    All welcome to say how you feel.
    WillieJ

Solicitor, that is the only way, if it is possible. You are looking at taking on the entire medical profession though. A solicitor may also advise a complaint to the GMC, ATOS, DWP, etc. I do feel if you want to pursue this then you need proper legal advice. I do know that taking on a doctor is a very difficult thing to do & rarely succeeds, that it also can take years. You may also need to consider other consequences, that are in fact not allowed, bit do happen. The greatest is being blacklisted by the medical profession. You could find it hard to find a GP, consultants, treatments, etc. You really do need to consider if it is worth it. I am not trying to put you off, but you have to look at what such action could involve & result in.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

stephen i agree with what you say.

williej, if you are wanting a start then i believe that you need to file a complaint to the GMC, you do need help all the way as stephen says you are taking on the might of the medical profession.

there are many companies out there who can help,

sorry forgot to add this, years ago there was something called community medical councils, do these still exist?, if they still exist then they are the first port of call to help in cases like this

mike
    Last edited by mikeydt1; 05-11-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: missed text

I've heard via our local MP's associates that there may be some sort of class action being put together against Atos on behalf of those disabled who've been unfairly treated. Something to do about no access for wheelchairs for medical interviews, then those affected being ruled that they failed to attend and their benefit stopped got the ball rolling.

Thank You all for the reply's and my family have now sent a complaint to Atos and the DWP. Atos was telephoned on Wed of this week in the afternoon as soon as we got the report remembering we live in NI and yesterday morning the complaint form arrived with us at 10-30 in the post and that came from Leeds so I will say a quick reply to us,I just hope the reply to the complaint it's self is as quick.
    I will keep you up to date.
    WillieJ

williej,

when you complain to atos you need to know that the company could go in defence of the doctor concerned as they are trying to protect one of their employees which is norm. when you complain to the dwp don't expect too much.

the best way still is via the GMC. it is independent of atos.

be prepared for a long drawn out battle,

mike

p.s been there, done it

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    williej,

when you complain to atos you need to know that the company could go in defence of the doctor concerned as they are trying to protect one of their employees which is norm. when you complain to the dwp don't expect too much.

the best way still is via the GMC. it is independent of atos.

be prepared for a long drawn out battle,

mike

p.s been there, done it
    I am about to bring a complaint and feel that going to the GMC is better. I do not trust Atos and as for the DWP, well it is more like 'the police policing the police'
    But I will show good manners even if they do not know what that is. The same time my complaint goes off I shall send Atos a letter telling them that I have raised the complaint with GMC against one of their numbers.
    Defamation means to attack the good reputation of - I don't know that it fits, but if it does, it is very expensive to fight in a Court as I do not think Legal Aid runs to it.

Legal Aid will not be available, but there are services available you could try to get.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Letters sent to GMC DWP ATOS all recorded delivery and now my MLA here in NI has become involved in it as well,He has known me for at least 25 yrs and my son told him about it,Guess he even took time out last night Friday to come and visit me where he also has written all down and will be doing a lot more for me now,He told me I should have been in contact with him ages ago as that is what he is there for.
    WillieJ

You have an MP that cares? Send him over here.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen