Thread: PIP mandatory reconsideration sent back to Capita - is this normal?

PIP mandatory reconsideration sent back to Capita - is this normal?

I was wondering if anyone can please help me. I'm awaiting on my PIP MR and finally spoke to my case manager handling it on the phone today. He said my paperwork was sent back to Capita for them to reassess because they acknowledge the original report contained errors. He said it was quite positive that they were willing to look at it again. How common is it for Capita to reassess you (I don't have to have a face-to-face, just paper assessment)? The case manager seemed to think this wasn't common but I'm sure this has happened to other members here.

Also I'm a bit worried about Capita reading through my statement and giving me a favourable result since I was so critical of their original report in my MR letter (I was critical of factual errors they made and they now acknowledge). I told the DWP that the report was invalid due to the errors it contained. I have a senior clinician at Capita redoing my assessment. I'm feeling really stressed about it all and expecting another factually inaccurate report to come through which the DWP will rubber-stamp. The case manager said I'd sent in a strong supporting letter which I suppose it positive. I just want this whole process to be over.

It is not common but if you have, as you say, sent a strong supporting letter I would see this as a good sign. At least it sounds as though someone is going to look at it properly. best of luck
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thank you David. My case manager is going to call me back when he gets my new assessor's report through to him. My claims been with Capita since 10 July. So hopefully I'll hear something soon. I spent such a long time writing that letter and getting across every point I wanted to make using the DWP's language that I'm relieved that someone will actually read it.

Not common, but I would see it as positive, rather than them 'rubber stamping', the HP's report they have decided that things need looking at. It can only be the smallest thing put incorrectly by the HP, or their interpretation, that could mean the difference, possibly leading to better award.

It is better, that instead of ringing the HP for advice, they have sent it back. So would have fingers crossed for you if it wasn't for the pain and problems with dexterity!

My case manager phoned me this afternoon to tell me he has received the report back from Capita. He said they'd changed one of the descriptors in my favour, the planning and following journeys from needs prompting to descriptor e. 'Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant'. He said the care component descriptor remains unchanged. He was keen to stress this wasn't a formal decision, but he'll be making a decision in the next couple of days and will phone me early next week to discuss it with me. I did tell him that mobility was my main issue (I used to get low rate DLA mobility).

I'll update when I get a definite decision. However I'm feeling quite relieved that this process may be coming to a close very soon.