Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympics to stop Meals on Wheels, affect Home Help, etc

Olympics to stop Meals on Wheels, affect Home Help, etc

It has been brought to my attention that tjose living around the Olympic venues are to have Meals on Wheels stopped for 3 months, A serious reduction in other services, such as transport & Home Help. Yet this has not made the news. It is a disgrace. There are thousands in need in that area who will be affected by this, & many if not most, do not even know it is going to happen, & no one is going to stop it happening. What are are those people who rely on such services to do? This is yet another case of the disabled being treated badly. Many other services the disabled rely on will be affected too.

An online friend has stated a petition, & also posted some info on how the Olympics will affect people. Spread the word.

Petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...eir-homes.html

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/London2012S...anPeopleSuffer

Services affected & some background info: https://www.facebook.com/notes/mo-ba...50781781858725
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Very sad so many have viewed this but not one reply. Makes one wonder why I bother sometimes.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Sorry not been on the internet over the weekend.

Signed the petition
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Great Paul. It is a shame so few have signed it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    Very sad so many have viewed this but not one reply. Makes one wonder why I bother sometimes.
    Firstly it was on a petition and I don't sign anything that in not in the press
    secondly it was on facebook and I'm not on that
    I did a search on all the main papers and found nothing about it, so someone has done a very good job at hiding it or it is not true

Well this is the first time I've seen it, I signed the petition but I don't remember my facebook password as I only ever go there to enter competitions and I usually end up opening a new account.

Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

The reason it is not in the news is because no one has taken it up. They do not care about us. we have to fight for ourselves. This is why it is on Facebook because it is not on the news. TY for posting that link Paul.

BTW, I DO NOT post things that I know or suspect of not being true.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of vociferous protest from the disability organisations that keep asking for money in their chugger tins on all aspects of the recent abuse of disabled people by the government? Or is it that these organisations are being run by people who just don't appear to have the bottle to protest?

You ask a very valid question Gab. We need to fight back ourselves. I cannot really go on the streets & march on Whitehall, well not from Leeds, lol, but there are ways we can all fight back. One of my ways is sharing things I have found out, like this.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen