Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPhone 8 to be unveiled on 12 Sept '17

Well LT looks like your not stuck for choice, two models the X & the 8 and all the variations in between, only thing is you can't get your hands on one until November.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Well LT looks like your not stuck for choice, two models the X & the 8 and all the variations in between, only thing is you can't get your hands on one until November.
    Yes I watched the back end of the presentation and I'm well impressed with the 'facial recognition' ti open the phone and to buy stuff using ApplyPay. And fantastic camera features etc.

Need to wait until late Oct before I can order one for early November delivery before bonfire night!

That iPhone X doesn't half look like a mimic of the Samsung S8 though, I bet the Apple hater's will have a field day with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    That iPhone X doesn't half look like a mimic of the Samsung S8 though, I bet the Apple hater's will have a field day with that.
    I do not feel the apple launch was as good as they hoped?

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I do not feel the apple launch was as good as they hoped?
    I think all the press were underwhelmed that their 'new inovations' are stuff that other manufacturers have had on phones for a couple of years.
    In other words apple are now playing catch up instead of inovating.

It won't put off the iPhone fans, there is brand loyalty involved. (If you can afford it).

Have you seen that the iPhone X has a glass back as well as the front screen? (So it can do wireless charging).
    Just something else to break easily and be replaced at top dollar.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Have you seen that the iPhone X has a glass back as well as the front screen? (So it can do wireless charging).
    Just something else to break easily and be replaced at top dollar.
    I believe, the iPhone 4 also had a glass back and I'm pretty sure wireless charging has been the case since iPhone 6, so I can't see any real innovation there either, too much money for very little progress over the 7.
    Last edited by Jard; 09-13-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Big problems with the iPhone 8 then, http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/iphone-...rious-11273467, all to reminiscent of the Samsung saga, the only reason these mega companies don't sort these issues out before release as to be GREED.

Just downloading & installing IOS 11 on the iPhone 7+ as I post this, that's got all the the knobs & whistles LT mentions above @12.
    Last edited by Jard; 10-02-2017 at 10:11 PM.

The iPhone 8 plus has all the features I'm looking for. But as a one handed user it's to big for me and likely to be dropped.

I'm more likely to go for the iPhone X that is released on Friday 27 October and can be bought from 3 November.

At last we are back to a rounded edge iPhone! I'm presently using a 'stand-in old iPhone 3G that still works ten years later. It feels lovely in your palm. However, I always buy a rubber or plastic protective cover as accidents do happen.

This phone will unlock when you look at the screen, wireless charging, a very nifty camera on both sides and a screen that goes to the 4 edges. It's a smaller phone than the iPhone 8 plus but with the same sized screen.

I think that the big thing relates to 'augmented reality' AU which will overtake 'virtual reality' once the 'App Developers' realise its potential.

I'll also be glad to get back to using my 'Apps' I miss 'um!
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 10-23-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Biscuitgazer
    LT my hands are pretty flimsy, and so I have shelled out £2.50 or so on a wonderful little thing for my phone that stops it from getting dropped, it's a little silicone and elastic gadget that sticks on the back of the phone for me to stick my thumb through the elastic - means I don't have to hold my phone, it just sits on the back of my hand. I'll try to post a link:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I hope that's allowed.

Yes I think I'll need to invest in either your type of product or a pop socket that was suggested to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black-in-use.jpg.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	1906