Thread: Had my assessment today

Had my assessment today

At the Birkenhead JobCentre.

The assessor was a male nurse, so he was actually qualified (kind of).

He was actually quite pleasant, allowed me plenty of time to answer questions, asked to see my self-harm scars and how many times I do it, and about suicidal thoughts and how often I have them.

He also applauded my being able to show up despite my anxieties and wished me well for the future.

I took a statement describing my conditions which he made photocopies of and he noted down all my medications.

I hope I just encountered one of the genuinely nice assessors and wasn't lured into a false sense of security.

Lets hope so, keep us posted. Good luck.
    Call me Mike.

Kind of qualified???, if they are not qualified they should not be doing assessments