Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Independent Assessment Services formerly ATOS

My one and only response to this is :
    Please refer to

PIP Assessment Guide pages 43 & 44 paragraphs 2.7.5 -2.7.9

Audio recording of PIP consultations

The recording of consultations by providers is not currently part of the specification for PIP assessments.
    Claimants may use their own equipment to record their face-to-face consultation, should they wish to, subject to any reasonable
    conditions the Department chooses to impose on such recordings.
    These reasonable conditions are:

• The claimant must inform the provider in advance that they wish to record their consultation. This is to allow the provider to
    ensure the HP scheduled to carry out the consultation is willing to be recorded. If the HP is unwilling to be recorded, an
    alternative appointment should be made with an HP who is willing

• The claimant must be able to provide a complete and accurate copy of the recording to the HP at the end of the
    consultation.
    Acceptable formats for such recordings are restricted to CD and audio cassette only. Mobile phones and
    laptops are not suitable mediums for recording consultations

• The claimant must sign a form in which they agree that they will provide a copy of the recording and not use the recording for
    unlawful purposes.

Providers must publicise these conditions and ideally include them in communications sent to claimants before they attend a face-
    to-face consultation.

Suitable mediums for recording consultations

To record their consultations, claimants must use appropriate equipment that can provide two copies of the recording in such a
    way that the provider can be assured that the recording has not been tampered with and is a reliable and accurate record of the
    consultation. A copy must be given to the provider at the end of the consultation. For this reason certain devices that have the capability
    of editing, real-time streaming or video recording the session are not approved, such as computing devices (not limited to PCs, tablets,
    smart phones, MP3 players) or devices that are not capable of providing a verifiable media copy that can be easily verified during
    the assessment.

Media types that are acceptable are standard CD and audio tapes only.

Video recording of assessments is not permitted in order to ensure
    the safety and privacy of staff and other customers.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Before you make such statements I would suggest you check how up to date your facts are as NONE of that information was included with the letter I received - just a 16 page booklet (inc front and back cover) - as I stated in my original post, Independent Assessment Services is the new incarnation of ATOS so all the information you have is no longer relevant.

It seems as if your only reason for posting is to incite an argument so I would ask you to please refrain from any further responses.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Machman View Post
    Before you make such statements I would suggest you check how up to date your facts are as NONE of that information was included with the letter I received - just a 16 page booklet (inc front and back cover) - as I stated in my original post, Independent Assessment Services is the new incarnation of ATOS so all the information you have is no longer relevant.

It seems as if your only reason for posting is to incite an argument so I would ask you to please refrain from any further responses.

Thank you.
    With all due respect I think you are being rather harsh (some would say rude) to David69.

I understand that you are worried about your assessment and this may have lead you to write in the way that you did.

David is a well respected member of this forum and gives some extremely useful advice.

If you check the website here:

https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/faqs/ you will see that it is clearly stated how recordings can be made.

We cannot see your booklet but if this information is not clear on the notes then you should make a complaint to IAS informing them of this. If you have the name of the person you and your support worker spoke to then you can make a complaint about this also as they gave you the incorrect information. (it may have been recorded) Obviously they need some retraining!

Your assessment, from what you have said, was not a good experience. If the decision goes against you then again you can appeal and also do a separate complaint about the assessor.

We all realise that these assessments can be extremely harrowing and we know you are concerned about it but please try not to 'take it out' on people on this forum. We try our best to help people and give up our own time to do so.

An apology to David would not go amiss.

Wishing you well.