Thread: Pip and motability age limit

Unhappy Pip and motability age limit

MY HISTORY
    was on dla for many years was transfer-ed to pip in 2016 with the re duction to low rate mobility as the pip said I could walk more than 10 feet or 20 feet not sure now
    this year in march had a stroke, I informed the pip about the change in circumstances today the pip sent me a letter awarding
    me the enhanced rate for care, but standard rate for mobility, say that because the changes happened after 65 years of age they are not allowed by law to increase the mobility part of pip?
    any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SAMMY1962 View Post
    MY HISTORY
    was on dla for many years was transfer-ed to pip in 2016 with the re duction to low rate mobility as the pip said I could walk more than 10 feet or 20 feet not sure now
    this year in march had a stroke, I informed the pip about the change in circumstances today the pip sent me a letter awarding
    me the enhanced rate for care, but standard rate for mobility, say that because the changes happened after 65 years of age they are not allowed by law to increase the mobility part of pip?
    any thoughts?
    This is the case, over 65 care only, you need yo have higher rate awarded prior to 65th birthday .

That is correct, they can decrease or remove your Mobility Component Award after 65 yrs of age, but it cannot be increased or a new Award instituted after that 65th birthday.

[QUOTE=SAMMY1962;134293]MY HISTORY
    any thoughts?

many thanks for you replies