Thread: Beware: South Western Rail and disabled railcard

Beware: South Western Rail and disabled railcard

Hello

A relative has a disabled railcard that entitles both her and an adult companion to one third off most rail fares.

When I booked tickets earlier this week with South Western Rail, the discount was only given to the railcard user, not the carer. Yet, when I went via the National Rail website, the discount was given to both passengers.

To get the correct discount I had to rebook the tickets through National Rail, and send the overpriced tickets back to South Western rail for a refund. So have paid out twice for this and have to wait up to 28 days for a refund.

Please be aware of this error on their website, and book via National Rail to get the discount you should be entitled to.

Best wishes

My renewed railcard arrived in the post today & when I renewed it stated quite clearly a third off any rail travel for you & a friend !
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles17 View Post
    Hello

A relative has a disabled railcard that entitles both her and an adult companion to one third off most rail fares.

When I booked tickets earlier this week with South Western Rail, the discount was only given to the railcard user, not the carer. Yet, when I went via the National Rail website, the discount was given to both passengers.

To get the correct discount I had to rebook the tickets through National Rail, and send the overpriced tickets back to South Western rail for a refund. So have paid out twice for this and have to wait up to 28 days for a refund.

Please be aware of this error on their website, and book via National Rail to get the discount you should be entitled to.

Best wishes
    Sometimes rail operators, recently GWR, offer 50% discount on some fares.