Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: W&p select committee inquiry!

W&p select committee inquiry!

Ok guys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. This is our chance to make a difference, and to push for a change to this horrible system imposed over the last 20 years on the disabled and vulnerable in our society.

if you follow the link below, you can send in a submission to the select committee, this will help these MP's to understand just what goes on, how it effects people and how useless the whole process generally is.

I have personally, NEVER heard of either ESA or PIP assessments resulting in any improved health, only in drastically reduced health, or no change (which in itself doesn't deliver value for money)

The link is here, I know it's hard, but please be brave,the more this gets out, the more responses they get, the more likely it is to make a difference, each and every one of you has had a unique experience, and this committee needs to hear it. (If you know anyone else, or frequent any other forums etc, please guide them to this link)

I know you can all do this, please be strong.

Best of luck.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/co...ssments-17-19/

I have in the past submitted evidence to a W&P select committee inquiry about benefit sanctions.

Fairly easy to do, and it does get read.

It also gets published with the inquiry report, so if you submit your story then try and keep it relevant, to the point, and not ramble (Too much).

TBH some of the stories that get posted here could be directly copied as relevant.

You are not making a complaint, and don't expect your particular case to be brought up in the inquiry.

They are looking to gather peoples experiences of what is actually going on with assessments so that they can grill the DWP on the things that are commonly going wrong.

Even if your assessment was no problem they would like to hear that as well.

Remrmber - this is not the DWP, it is the government committee that can make them answer awkward questions and bring them to task.
    Last edited by nukecad; 09-29-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Sorry nuke, just a small edit there, the w&p select committee is not a government committee, it's a cross bench parliamentary committee.(arguably has more influence)

It has 8 members consisting of:

5 LAB
    2 CON
    1 SNP

Fair enough,
    my slack use of the terms.

TBH I've found that most people don't know that there is a difference between government and parliament.

But as you say it is an important difference.

True most probably don't. I wonder if it would help people to know that not all MP's are out to get them. (Even some tories)

Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    True most probably don't. I wonder if it would help people to know that not all MP's are out to get them. (Even some tories)
    Spot on, from this link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41433019
    Conservative MP Stephen McPartland said his concern with Universal Credit was that for "every pound these people earn, extra, the government's taking 63p back off them".

"To me that is an effective tax rate of 63%, which is ridiculous. So the lowest paid are effectively having to pay some of the highest taxes," he told BBC Radio 4's the World at One

Wouldn't normally do this, however the close of submissions is approaching very quickly, please try to get your evidence in to them.

(They can't push changes if they think everything is fine)

Hello RobcarerT

I have submitted my experience. Difficult to remember everything you want them to take another look at, could have added a few more things after I had submitted the form.

i saw this the other day and thought i would have a go especially after falling ill through enduring 2 assessments, just had a look and it has been accepted, lets hope something good does come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    Difficult to remember everything you want them to take another look at,
    They are not 'taking another look at' any particular case, it's an inquiry into the assessment system overall to see how it's working, or not working.

Your evidence will be taken into account along with other peoples evidence, so as to judge what is commonly going wrong.