Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W&p select committee inquiry!

Yup, if we're fair about this, the vast majority of the time the problem is the healthcare companies, not the DWP itself

Yikes his forum moves pretty quick sometimes.

Don’t want to take up forum space but I’d like to keep this near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    Yikes his forum moves pretty quick sometimes.

Don’t want to take up forum space but I’d like to keep this near the top.
    Other than getting the Admin/mods to make it a 'sticky' thread, your option is to keep 'bumping' it - by adding another post occasionally like you just have - that brings it up the current list again.
    (Rather than just adding more posts you could delete your last one, add a new one, and so on).
    It's courteous to say each time that you are 'making a bump post to keep the thread in the current list'.

I don't think it qualifies to be a sticky, because the deadline for submissions of evidence to the inquiry will pass fairly quickly.

PS.
    If anyone wants to see some of the submissions already made then you can read the ones made online here:
    http://www.parliament.uk/business/co...s-forum-17-19/

You can also use the form on that page to make a submission yourself.
    Remember that this is an official inquiry, only submit stuff that is relevant.
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-11-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I have in the past submitted evidence to a W&P select committee inquiry about benefit sanctions.

Fairly easy to do, and it does get read.

It also gets published with the inquiry report, so if you submit your story then try and keep it relevant, to the point, and not ramble (Too much).

TBH some of the stories that get posted here could be directly copied as relevant.

You are not making a complaint, and don't expect your particular case to be brought up in the inquiry.

They are looking to gather peoples experiences of what is actually going on with assessments so that they can grill the DWP on the things that are commonly going wrong.

Even if your assessment was no problem they would like to hear that as well.

Remrmber - this is not the DWP, it is the government committee that can make them answer awkward questions and bring them to task.
    I have been trying for days to add my comments to this, two different formats and it is not having it, so have given up for a while. Will try again soon. ????

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    I have been trying for days to add my comments to this, two different formats and it is not having it, so have given up for a while. Will try again soon. ????
    Do you mean you are trying to submit a comment on that forum webpage in my previous post?
    There's a section there for you to comment directly.
    I'm not sure what you mean by different formats? It's a box you type into, or copy/paste into.

For that benefit sanctions inquiry there wasn't a forum like that.
    I typed my submission up in word, saved it, and then attached it to the online evidence submissions form.
    (But it didn't show as comments because it wasn't a forum, it was only visible as an addendum to the finished report).
    You can do the same (attach a word file) for this Assessments inquiry using this page:
    http://www.parliament.uk/business/co...bmission-form/
    Fill in your details, click on the "browse" button, and upload your word file. (.doc or .docx file).

PS. If you don't have Microsoft Office on your computer then you can 'save as' a .docx file from Wordpad which is on all Windows computers.

PPS. If you don't have MS Office, and can't afford/don't want to pay for it, then there a a few good alternatives that you can download for FREE.
    I use this one and have never had a problem with it- Softmaker FreeOffice
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-13-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Thanks for that link nukecad.

Just checked and mine is on there, hope everyone’s voice will be listened to and that positive changes will be made.

All done submitted today :-)