Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLA to PIP

DLA to PIP

Hi,
    I filled in the PIP from on behalf on my stepson, I am his appointee.
    We received a phone call saying that they would do a paper based assessment, then asked a couple of questions, just checking over some of the things i'd written on the form.
    Roll on a week later we received a letter from Independent Assessment Services saying they have asked for further information from people involved in his treatment & care. I included his statement, which shows his development delay & a letter from the hospital stating his epilepsy medication name & dosage, I'm just wondering what more they could want?
    It looked like his transition was going to go smoothly until we received this letter, any idea how long it usually delays things when waiting for medical professionals to reply?

Sounds like they just want some confirmation to me. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it.

From what I've seen, practitioners respond far more promptly than the DWP / assessment providers ever do, I would assume they would have everything within a couple of weeks, however you may wish to contact them and ask them
    If they need anything (my wife's records are half on paper and half electronic, as a result GP sent wrong info for WCA)

Today I received a letter from our doctors surgery asking us to make an appointment, so the doctor can fill out the form ATOS have sent them, the next available appointment is 2 weeks away.
    Should I inform PIP of the delay getting an appointment?

I don't think you need to inform the AP. They have sent the GP a form so should wait until its return before making any further decision. From the fact that your GP has asked for your input before returning the form is a very positive step. Many GP's don't even bother returning these forms.
    Best of luck
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I have received a letter today from DWP saying that we now have the information we need to decide if we can award you PIP, no need to contact us, etc!
    That sounds like there not going to wait for his GP's notes

You should still keep the apointment with your GP to complete the form. If they make a decision without waiting for the information they requested then, if needed , you have good reasons for requesting an MR.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Thank you, that's great advice.
    Do you know how long the wait is with PIP now?

Usually after a f2f it would be 2-4 weeks, so I would think that should be the time scale to look at

Sorry in our case, would that be from the date we received this last letter or the phone call to say it would be a paper based assessment?
    The phone call was on 21st Sept, so I'm not sure why it took them over 2 weeks + to decide they wanted more information

I would take it from the date of this last letter