Thread: Angiogram results

Angiogram results

Maybe someone has gone through this and could give me some pointers.
    I have a condition called Marfan Syndrome. This has affected my joints and spine and also heart and vascular system.
    I get seen yearly at the Royal Brompton - had heart valve and aortic surgery there and seen once a year in Cardiology at the local hospital in Exeter.
    Was seen locally at an outpatient clinic in January 2017, was having occasional slight chest pain. It was decided that i prob needed angiogram. Wasnt informed of this until April, took 4 months to recieve clinic letter despite numerous phone calls - like to keep copy of all clinic appts letters. Eventually had CT angiogram 6th June 2017.
    Despite ringing regularly to consultants secretary, never get to speak to her, always answerphone, i have still not recieved result of angiogram, neither has my GP.
    I contacted PALS by e mail on 15 September 2017. They have replied and said that they have passed by complaint onto cardiology and have 41 days to reply to my complaint.
    I believe i have been very patient and just feel i am knocking my head against a brick wall.
    I am tempted to contact my MP.
    Anyone in a similar situation or any suggestions??

if your g.p surgery is like mine then they should be able to access the hospital systems, you would need an appointment with your g.p for this to happen.

the only other thing i can suggest is that you try a different cardiology secretary as they would be able to access the records to tell you if it was normal or abnormal.

i am also like you though, i had various tests at my local hospital and not one result has been passed on to my g.p, i telephoned the hospital and they claimed a urine test was normal but when i managed to get one result there was clearly blood in the urine.

do try and see if you can go through to another secretary at the hospital, only worth a try.

Still no reply from cardiology. GP has tried with no joy either, both baffled. GP was told "we are dealing with it". One more week and the 41 days they have to reply will be up. Not sure where to go from here. I am just so annoyed that no one from cardiology has had the courtesy to contact me to let me know what has happened, even one line saying sorry for delay, we will get back to you asap. I am convinced now that something went wrong with the scanning, i am probably not the only one chasing results from that date.
    Its been 19 weeks now since scan.
    I have been under the cardiology dept at this hospital since 1979 and have never had to wait like this before - baffled!