Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me the timescales for blue badge applications?

Can anyone tell me the timescales for blue badge applications?

I'm going to be ringing my council on Monday and arrange my blue badge as I have just been awarded enhanced mobility on the moving about component.
    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to process an application to actually picking one up, please?

Many thanks.

Also, is my wife able to pick it up on my behalf if she were to take my identification?

I can’t remember how long my first BB took as at the time my Motability car was on order and months away from delivery but I think, but can’t be sure, it was about 2 or 3 weeks.

Since then I’ve renewed my badge 3 times and on each occasion I’ve sent in the paperwork 6 week before the old one expires and I think, but again can’t be sure, that they sit on it for 4 weeks before processing then I get a letter saying “your application has been successful” and the order for the BB has been sent to the printers and will be with you soon with soon being about a week.

Each council also have different time scales for processing so not sure of an exact answer but the badge will be posted to you as I’m not 100% sure that you can actually collect the badge in person.

You can apply online for your badge but I generally download the form then take it to my local council office to have someone to check the paperwork before being sent to the correct department.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    I can’t remember how long my first BB took as at the time my Motability car was on order and months away from delivery but I think, but can’t be sure, it was about 2 or 3 weeks.

Since then I’ve renewed my badge 3 times and on each occasion I’ve sent in the paperwork 6 week before the old one expires and I think, but again can’t be sure, that they sit on it for 4 weeks before processing then I get a letter saying “your application has been successful” and the order for the BB has been sent to the printers and will be with you soon with soon being about a week.

Each council also have different time scales for processing so not sure of an exact answer but the badge will be posted to you as I’m not 100% sure that you can actually collect the badge in person.

You can apply online for your badge but I generally download the form then take it to my local council office to have someone to check the paperwork before being sent to the correct department.
    Thanks Chris, mate. It's longer than I expected then. At least I will get one though.

took me about 3 wks for first one, then about 10 days regards

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    Thank you as well Palmer. I guess I will find out Monday when I ring them up. They're bound to give me an accurate timescale for my area.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    I had similar turnaround times.

Must depend on areas, I think, both of mine arrived within a week.

Ok, thanks very much everyone.

Sent off my application yesterday. The site says 2-6 weeks, so basically like people have already said here.