Thread: pain clinic /benefits

Unhappy pain clinic /benefits

hi all, i have received a letter for the pain clinic to do a 4 week course which is residential you stay there for 3/4 days mon /thurs or tuesday/friday do i have to notify dwp/dla im worried they will stop my benefits, i have already chickened out of the work interview that i was going to because of the stress of worrying about meeting people and travelling i really felt i could cope i have now worked myself up so much, i want to progress on all these rules are making it harder for us all i dont get any support from mental health anymore discharged because psych left im still waiting for cbt 6 months, im worried about going to the pain clinic as i have to stay there and travelling i dont hardly go out now how am i going to cope then i will have dwp/dla on my back saying ive got depression/mobilty problems how did i get there and cant cope socially around other people i would have my own room its not shared i could cope with that i feel so isolated im just desperate to go back to work in reality i wouldnt be able to cope i live in thebexley area the mental health here are rubbish my doctors are awful they just diagnose me and send me on my way i now have been told i have got copd on top of everything else no help no support just a prescription for a pump that i have never seen in my life any advice welcomed thanks all sorry about the long post no where else to turn to xx

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by kassya3 View Post
    hi all, i have received a letter for the pain clinic to do a 4 week course which is residential you stay there for 3/4 days mon /thurs or tuesday/friday do i have to notify dwp/dla im worried they will stop my benefits, i have already chickened out of the work interview that i was going to because of the stress of worrying about meeting people and travelling i really felt i could cope i have now worked myself up so much, i want to progress on all these rules are making it harder for us all i dont get any support from mental health anymore discharged because psych left im still waiting for cbt 6 months, im worried about going to the pain clinic as i have to stay there and travelling i dont hardly go out now how am i going to cope then i will have dwp/dla on my back saying ive got depression/mobilty problems how did i get there and cant cope socially around other people i would have my own room its not shared i could cope with that i feel so isolated im just desperate to go back to work in reality i wouldnt be able to cope i live in thebexley area the mental health here are rubbish my doctors are awful they just diagnose me and send me on my way i now have been told i have got copd on top of everything else no help no support just a prescription for a pump that i have never seen in my life any advice welcomed thanks all sorry about the long post no where else to turn to xx
    you have to be in hospital for over a certain period of time before they stop or cut benefits

more here

http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/money...A-changes.aspx

thanks for quick reply i have looked im not understanding it . It would be a 3 night/4day stay each week for 4 weeks any help thankyou very much
    Last edited by kassya3; 09-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.

It's a residential stay, not a stay in a hospital bed.

It's treated the same as a holiday, your benefits will not be affected.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-07/2015; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg (31.9 - 56.7mpg)
    07/2015-Present; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg (34.4 - 59.9mpg)
    NEW DUE 08/2017; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SE DSG

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

its is at st thmas hosptal but it is a unit on the grounds of the hospital i dont actually go in the hospital i go the unit on the grounds it has accomdation that comes with the pain clinic as i said its only 3nights 4 day stay for 4 weeks is this in line with what your saying thankyou paul for your help im grateful

You have to be in hospital for four weeks continuously for benefits to stop. Because you are only there part of the week I would not worry about telling them.

thankyou that takes a weight off my mind kind regards

I worry about such things, because we still have bills, even in hospital. Rent does not stop. OK, we use less gas & electric, but we have water to pay. We still need the money.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I was 1 day from having the benefits cut when I was in hospital. And they refuse to acknowledge that you need more money when in hospital. TV alone costs £5 to £7 per day. Plus travel cost for visitors. Supplementary food because of mouse size portions from the cheapest bidder/highest profit caterers.

They would say these are not legitimate expenses, though IS. ESA, JSA takes such things into account as part of the amount paid. Being in hospital can cost a family more, as you say. Living alone can still cost you more too.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen