Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New claim PIP decision - so happy

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    you don't automatically qualify for a Blue Badge unless you have 12 points, enhanced mobility.
    You can still qualify with less points, just not automatically - means your application will be assessed, so you have to fill in the details on the form instead of just ticking a box.

I read this on my local council site:

Automatic Entitlement to a Blue Badge

If a person meets one of the criteria listed below then they can apply for a Blue Badge:
    People who are Severely Sight Impaired (blind) and in receipt of a certificate of vision impairment (CVI) or BD8 form. This does not include registered partially sighted

Receive Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMDLA)

Receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and have been awarded 8 points or more for the Mobility Component of the “Moving Around” descriptor

People who receive the War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement

People who received a benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme

If you meet one of these criteria and have evidence to prove it then you can apply
    for a Blue Badge. Application for a Blue Badge (Automatic Entitlement)
    That's why I assumed 8 points was automatic.

Does state 8 points on the gov site
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitgazer View Post
    You can still qualify with less points, just not automatically - means your application will be assessed, so you have to fill in the details on the form instead of just ticking a box.
    That's what I did - although I only had standard mobility at the time, my application was successful based on the evidence I provided. Renewal will be easier though as I now have enhanced mobility so it will be automatic next time.

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    Does state 8 points on the gov site
    Ah....I think the reason it wasn't automatic for me was that my points were mixed between moving around and planning and following a journey, where for automatic qualification the 8 points must be all for moving around.

At least that is cleared up.

Sorry, this is Ned, my phone is dead so I am unable to log into my Ned account as I don't know the password to it.

Just an update.....

Daughter got letter from ESA today confirming the disability premium will be added to payments and also backdate will be paid to bank account.

So they must have been notified once the decision was made, saves us from ringing.

It’s a pity she now has to undergo the trauma and stress again next week for her f2f for ESA, it’s a pity they can’t base this decision on the PIP assessment.....would certainly save the expense of conducting another assessment etc!!!

Hi

Was wandering how your daughter got standard mobility , i have trouble interacting with strangers ,and when im out in the car i have to have my carer with Me because he will shout "left" or "right", "turn here" etc , as i find sat navs stressful so he has one on his phone and tells Me where to go , also in places that are fimilar to Me i can miss turnings ,
    I cannot use public transport , i suffer with depression and OCD and anxiety ,my face to face went really well as did your daughters , im wondering if i should ask for it to he looked at again

Sorry I am not experienced enough to advise if you should ask for it to be looked at again.

My daughter got the 10 points, as she is very isolated and unable to go out, even when accompanied by me often she can’t do it...the assessment was such a traumatic experience.