Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition, ATOS Healthcare miss-recording information, report going to the ICO

Quote Originally Posted by Haylesc View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what is an ICO?
    The Information Commissioner's Office.

https://ico.org.uk/
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Haylesc View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what is an ICO?
    Sorry for not replying earlier, me email seems very slow at telling me there's been a post. The above post is correct.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hi Guys,

Someone wrote something about a DWP review of ATOS Healthcare going on at the mo. Was it you David? Anyhoo, I can't seem to find it on here now. Sorry if I am just missing it.

Can anyone tell me exactly what they are doing so I can search for it on the web? I found it before with the wording that someone used but can't find it now. The deadline for submission of cases for review is 10 November. We can send examples of direct direct discrimination to them and they will investigate.
    Thanks
    Chris

Do you mean the select comitttee inquiry into assessments?

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ittee-inquiry!

They are not investigating individual cases as such, they are investigating the whole assessmet systems for both PIP & ESA.
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-20-2017 at 02:30 PM.

[QUOTE=nukecad;136216]Do you mean the select comitttee inquiry into assessments?

Yes that's the one, thank you
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    I will leave it for others to comment
    Well I’m worried about doing it now, I trust your judgement David, but after having this twice now, I would love something done!

As far as I know they are asking for people to submit to them their experience of the assessment process and they will investigate individual cases. The Deadline for submission is 10 November 2017.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    As far as I know they are asking for people to submit to them their experience of the assessment process and they will investigate individual cases. The Deadline for submission is 10 November 2017.

Chris
    As I said above and on the other thread - the inquiry is not 'investigating' individual cases, that is not the purpose of an inquiry.

It's a committee inquiry into the assessment system overall to see how it's working, or not working.
    They will then make recommendations to the Government/DWP for changes to the laws and/or practices of how assessments are carried out.

They will read your submission and take it into account, but they have no power to change individual decisions.

Your evidence will be taken into account along with other peoples evidence, so as to judge what is commonly going wrong with assessments.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As I said above and on the other thread - the inquiry is not 'investigating' individual cases, that is not the purpose of an inquiry.

It's a committee inquiry into the assessment system overall to see how it's working, or not working.
    They will then make recommendations to the Government/DWP for changes to the laws and/or practices of how assessments are carried out.

They will read your submission and take it into account, but they have no power to change individual decisions.

Your evidence will be taken into account along with other peoples evidence, so as to judge what is commonly going wrong with assessments.
    Thank you. Yes, that's what I thought. I didn't think it would make a difference to the outcome of a claim, however, they need people to come forward with the problems they have encountered so they have evidence for their investigation.

For instance on my claim, ATOS lied to me on a recorded phone call about what my health professionals had said twice. Then they lied about it being a bad day 5 times on the assessment report, and also denied I had suicidal thoughts when in fact I've just been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder! It's irresponsible and some would say down right criminal.

They also lied about many, many things to do with what happened and what was said at the assessment. Good job I covertly recorded it. The phone calls I let them know... They also refused any form of reasonable adjustment so I could attend the face-to-face.

In addition, they took the word of a secretary to gather medical information and then lied and said that information came from a doctor... I have proof of that also... What’s more, I was refused to manage my condition in the assessment by lying down on the bed that was there.

There’s many more examples of clandestine activity and I have a wealth of evidence that proves it.
    I don’t think my experience is that unique.

Chris

My concern about this is when did I give my permission for the government to pass my personal details over to a private company? I know this is an old thread but don't they have to get your acceptance? Capita are also responsible for the holding of medical files for GP surgeries in England. How can the be truly independent when they carry out assessments on behalf of the DWP too? This means they have access to the files and are therefore data controllers does it not?