Thread: The dreaded wait after a f2f...

*Update* now have report from F2F

Hi gang

I registered for this site today as I'm sure I'll be needing your help in the coming weeks once I get the decision from the f2f I had last week.... it was a review as I've been on PIP since 2013 but I have this horrible feeling it didn't go too well this time.

Ironically when I was first awarded standard for both parts I didn't have a shred of medical evidence to prove I was actually ill (long story short, I was misdiagnosed but after perseverance and a huge battle with my GP / local trust it transpired they had "overlooked" positive autoimmune results). So despite now having a correct diagnosis, test results to confirm I'm very ill and (more importantly) worsening symptoms that I believe should score me more points this time around, I'm not at all confident of a successful / happy outcome!

With hindsight I'm to blame as I stupidly answered their questions based on a "good day" because that was what we were talking about prior to the questions starting (e.g. Can you walk the length of 4 buses? I explained no, it would be a struggle, I'd be in pain, I'd have to stop etc... when I should have said that on the majority of days there's no way I could and, in fact, I would be mad to even try) but I stupidly believed at the time they would have known from my original application that I have more bad days than good.

I have phoned DWP (twice) to get a copy of the assessor's report, but was told that they no longer send them out prior to the decision notice as too many people were requesting a MR before they even got the decision letter.

Anyway - I know there's no point worrying until I get the decision but that's easier said than done... but I do feel better just sharing my story / concerns
    Last edited by Chip; 10-16-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Hi Chip, welcome to youreable.
    I'm sorry to hear about your GP failings and your struggle to get your diagnosis.

In regards to your assessment, as I say to many people please try not to worry too much or over think things. The majority of applicants do get their pip entitlement so therefore have no reason to come on these sites seeking advice.
    Going from what you have said I don't think you have sold yourself short at all. You answered 'No' that you struggle and how you're in pain etc. Now, if you had said yes I can on the majority of days etc then the dwp/hcp would just take that a yes anyway.

Have a little faith and wait and see.

Thanks, Ned!

I'm trying to keep the faith.... but always like to have a plan B should the worst happen!! I'm clinging to the fact that I'm much worse pain wise etc this time and now have reams of supporting medical evidence (which the assessor refused to even look at during the assessment) so will be livid if they now decide I'm no longer eligible. I just don't currently have the energy or cognitive capacity to fight any injustice and will struggle to get by without not just the money but the blue badge etc that allows me to have a the tiniest amount of independence

Out of interest, is anyone else having trouble accessing their assessor's report? Although, a week later, the DWP apparently still don't have it, they keep telling me they no longer send it out before the decision notice

I will of course keep you posted with any updates

C

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Thanks, Ned!

I'm trying to keep the faith.... but always like to have a plan B should the worst happen!! I'm clinging to the fact that I'm much worse pain wise etc this time and now have reams of supporting medical evidence (which the assessor refused to even look at during the assessment) so will be livid if they now decide I'm no longer eligible. I just don't currently have the energy or cognitive capacity to fight any injustice and will struggle to get by without not just the money but the blue badge etc that allows me to have a the tiniest amount of independence

Out of interest, is anyone else having trouble accessing their assessor's report? Although, a week later, the DWP apparently still don't have it, they keep telling me they no longer send it out before the decision notice

I will of course keep you posted with any updates

C
    I had a right game getting mine. They told me the same thing: it comes with the decision letter; but I refused to give in and every few days rang them and asked for it. One person said they sent it and wait 7 days, so I did, rang them again just after a week or so and was told it hadn't been sent and had to wait and they no longer send them out. I rang a few days later and they told me the same, rang again, same again. Eventually after something like my 9th call a guy put me on hold and physically printed it out and sent it for me. He said he could see requests for it but they hadn't been actioned.

Quote Originally Posted by NeurologicalNed View Post
    I had a right game getting mine. They told me the same thing: it comes with the decision letter; but I refused to give in and every few days rang them and asked for it. One person said they sent it and wait 7 days, so I did, rang them again just after a week or so and was told it hadn't been sent and had to wait and they no longer send them out. I rang a few days later and they told me the same, rang again, same again. Eventually after something like my 9th call a guy put me on hold and physically printed it out and sent it for me. He said he could see requests for it but they hadn't been actioned.
    Here's my experience -
    - I had to change the PIP Assessment F2F so at that time I asked them to send me a copy of the assessor's report. They then added a note to that affect on my file.
    - I was told that the report will be sent with the decision letter 4 weeks after the F2F
    - Two weeks after the F2F I received a short letter saying my case was being looked into and not to phone as a decision would be made within two weeks. This must have triggered something as the assessor's report followed the following day - two weeks early! I didn't phone to chase anything.

PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears.

I phoned DWP just an hour ago and was told that my request for the assessors report has been sent, but can take up to 7 working days to arrive, so they must still be sending them.

Cheers guys! Called again today and spoke to a very pleasant lady. Apparently the report was only received by the DWP yesterday (although my assessment was 10 days ago) and she's requested that it is sent to me. So watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Cheers guys! Called again today and spoke to a very pleasant lady. Apparently the report was only received by the DWP yesterday (although my assessment was 10 days ago) and she's requested that it is sent to me. So watch this space.
    What the agents say and what they do can be completely different. I've been lied to by them many of times. Wait about 7 days and if you haven't got it call again.

*edited* created new thread as couldn't seem to change original title
    Last edited by Chip; 10-17-2017 at 09:51 AM.