Thread: Diverticulitis - any one suffer with it?

Question Diverticulitis - any one suffer with it?

i have been poorly for a week started with right RIF soreness but then developed in to right abdomen pain which was intense.

i have since had a CAT scan and it showed acute Diverticulitis with other findings.

i am just wondering if anyone here suffers with this medical condition and how they deal with it when it flares up.

at this moment one poorly person sat here

Hi, I have suffered with divertiulitis for years, my colon has been infected in the past and I have had a polyp removed from it.

I have been so bad that I have had to see my GP when I had a flare up and she has always sent me for yet another colonoscopy, I have also had a barium enema, due I think to the polyp removal. I can't really give you any info about controlling flare ups, mine seem to have righted itself but it did take years...sorry, not what you wanted to hear.

Hope you feel better soon