Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UC

UC

It might already be on here already but can I ask what is happening if in ESA SG will we lose money when it changes to UC?

UC is... ironically despite it supposed to be being brought in to simplify things, horrendously complicated. I did a benefits calf check yesterday and found out we should be better off... however it’s never as simple as it’s supposed to be.

The best advise I can give is to do the same, type in benefits calculator in google, I used turn2us.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs25 View Post
    It might already be on here already but can I ask what is happening if in ESA SG will we lose money when it changes to UC?
    It's not the group that counts it's if your ESA is IR or CB, try taking a look at this, it explains what the situation is currently -
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...edit-the-facts

Of course with UC everything is changing all the time at the moment, just look at the fuss there's been in Parliament this last couple of weeks.
    Who knows what will have changed in six months time?
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

I am on IR ESA and UC due in my area in Sept 18. Tried reading the link you posted above but cant make head nor tail of it which is probably the idea behind it !

Don't worry about UC if & when it does come (and that wont be before 2019) you'll receive 'Transitional Protection' so your payments will remain at the same level.
    Or more properly, wont fall.
    Last edited by Jard; 10-19-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs25 View Post
    I am on IR ESA and UC due in my area in Sept 18. Tried reading the link you posted above but cant make head nor tail of it which is probably the idea behind it !
    Sorry I tried to make it as simple as I could, but of course it's very complicated to start with.

As Jard rightly says though, unless you have a change of circumstances, then you will not be moved onto UC until at least July 2019 and probably not for a few years after that.
    And there will be protection in place to make sure you don't get any less money when they transfer you onto UC in those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As Jard rightly says though, unless you have a change of circumstances, then you will not be moved onto UC until at least July 2019 and probably not for a few years after that.
    And there will be protection in place to make sure you don't get any less money when they transfer you onto UC in those circumstances.
    Hi Nukecad, reading this has me worried....

Would a 'financial change of circumstances' (a small pi compensation payment due within the next few months) be enough to trigger a UC switch over? Also in that instance with it being 'natural migration' (reading info on one of your threads) I may lose my current ESA rate? (Income related-support group).
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 10-21-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks Nukecad your Migration link has set my mind at rest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stressedout1 View Post
    Hi Nukecad, reading this has me worried....

Would a 'financial change of circumstances' (a small pi compensation payment due within the next few months) be enough to trigger a UC switch over? Also in that instance with it being 'natural migration' (reading info on one of your threads) I may lose my current ESA rate? (Income related-support group).
    At the moment the only way you you should go onto UC is if you have to make a new claim for an Income Related benefit.
    (And if you are already claiming ESA this could only happen in a 'Full Service' UC area).

As you are already on IR ESA then if your savings do go over the £6K lower limit then payments would change, but you would not be making a new claim it would still be the existing IR ESA claim.

It's not just a change of circumstances that counts, the C-of-C has to result in you making a new claim.
    The most common example at the moment is moving house to a 'Full Service' UC area and so having to make a new 'UC housing element' claim instead of Housing Benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    At the moment the only way you you should go onto UC is if you have to make a new claim for an Income Related benefit.
    (And if you are already claiming ESA this could only happen in a 'Full Service' UC area).

As you are already on IR ESA then if your savings do go over the £6K lower limit then payments would change, but you would not be making a new claim it would still be the existing IR ESA claim.

It's not just a change of circumstances that counts, the C-of-C has to result in you making a new claim.
    The most common example at the moment is moving house to a 'Full Service' UC area and so having to make a new 'UC housing element' claim instead of Housing Benefit.
    Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.