Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed medical!

TY Wob & 1959.

I am not sure on the sicknote. It is not actually a sicknote now, but you should discuss that with him. You do need specific advice & once you get that you can see what your options for benefits, appealing, etc, are.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

The sicknote is now called a 'fit note' but it's the same thing really. I thought they were only used when in employment, but I maybe wrong.

I do know that they can't be post dated though, they can be backdated so it may be worth arranging an appointment on or after the 11th June.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 24,000 miles; avg 38.1mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks Stephen and Paul. I read something about needing a sick or fit note somewhere, but I can't remember where. I've read so much so far. I'm going to have to start taking notes as I read, maybe then I'll remember better.

My Doctor wasn't in today, so it will probably be Tuesday when I get to see him. It gives me a bit more time to read and take notes so that when I do get to see him I'll have a better idea of what to say.

Thanks again for all the help and advice. It's great to know there is someone "out there".

When I first had to apply for ESA I had to supply fit notes even though I was on IS. Asked why and was told it part of the system they have to follow.

YW 1959. You do have to supply them, often for things you cannot claim to. It is called a waste of time.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

From what I understand from what I've read about appealing is that you have to send a letter saying that you don't agree with their decision, stating the reasons why. You ask to be considered for the lower ESA while your appeal is in progress and have to send them a sick note from your Doctor. So I will see my Doctor this week, hopefully tomorrow, so that I can get my form and letter sent off. I'll then have to see him on 11th June to get a sick note, if he agrees to give me one, of course.

Hi Dave, I have the GL24 form ready to take with me to my Doctors.

I have downloaded from benefitsandwork.co.uk, the guide to the best esa appeal. In it they say it's better to go straight to appeal, skipping the reconsider! Personally I'd rather go for the reconsider first. I doubt whether I'd be able to cope with an appeal, although I will if I have to.

Go straight for appeal as it will save time as they do a reconsideration as part of the appeal process before the tribunal. If the reconsideration is successful you will not have to attend a tribunal.
    If you go for reconsideration and it fails then you have to start all over again and put in an appeal request.

Thanks beau, that's what is advised in the b&w appeal guide.