Thread: Added premiums

Added premiums

Quick query. Two people in house, son has PIP enhanced care step dad middle rate care and ESA Support group. No one claims carers for either. I (mother/wife)claim ESA and low rate DLA care. None of us claim income related benefits. Just applying for ESA for son, even just to get stamp paid. He has some savings and an income of £124.per week from a pension left to him after his dad died.
    I thought i read somewhere that if more than one person in house claimed middle/enhanced care and no one claimed carers they would be classed as living alone and if they applied for income related benefits they may be able to claim SDP have i got that right?
    Hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by anniea View Post
    Quick query. Two people in house, son has PIP enhanced care step dad middle rate care and ESA Support group. No one claims carers for either. I (mother/wife)claim ESA and low rate DLA care. None of us claim income related benefits. Just applying for ESA for son, even just to get stamp paid. He has some savings and an income of £124.per week from a pension left to him after his dad died.
    I thought i read somewhere that if more than one person in house claimed middle/enhanced care and no one claimed carers they would be classed as living alone and if they applied for income related benefits they may be able to claim SDP have i got that right?
    Hope this makes sense.
    If your son was awarded ESA income based I think your son would be eligible for the Enhanced Disability because he gets PIP enhanced care but not the Severe Disability Premium.

To be awarded the Severe Disability Premium all non dependants (ie. you and step dad) need to be receiving a qualifying benefit in order for him to be treated as living alone. Step dad meets the criteria but you do not.

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/se...bility-premium

Any savings above £6000 up to £16000 will be treated as income and deducted from his ESA at a rate of £1 for every £250 over the £6000.

Not sure about the pension and how it is treated - can you tell us the exact name of the pension?

Thank you Pmlindy loo. Sorry put in wrong thread. I am more concerned about him getting his stamp paid to be honest. He had stroke 6 yrs ago, because he had savings didnt think he could apply for EES, only recently found out!!

Have also found this:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...lation/68/made

Don't know whether 68a applies as regards your son's pension?

Without 'entitlement to Income Related' payments there is no 'entitlement' to any ESA Premiums, you will have to ask them for form ESA 3 and complete it to find out if any such 'entitlement' is present.