Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision makers reasons

Decision makers reasons

Sorry for long post
    I am currently writing to get a mandatory reconsideration and I have been reading the decision makers reasons, she has put that in a typical day I go to the shop which is untrue as in a typical week I maybe leave the house a maximum of twice, also she has put that in a typical day I can wash and dress again this is untrue as I can spend up to 3 days wearing the same pjs ( I don’t get dressed unless I am leaving the house) I only bathe about 3 times a week as I just feel like I don’t have the energy to bathe anymore, I told her all this so am quite annoyed that she has lied I want to say something in my letter but I am unsure on how to word it so that they don’t think I am attacking the decision maker? Can someone help please, thanks

The DM will regurgitate what the liar of a HCP that did your assessment has put in their report

Hi I’m sorry I don’t understand what you mean

The DM will agree with the HCP !
    Call me Mike.

Really? This whole thing is stressing me out

To refresh your mind reread your previous thread about what you need to put in your MR.

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...econsideration

I know how annoying it is when the assessor does not write what you say. It may be that they asked you why you didn't bathe more frequently or dress every day and your reply suggested that you 'couldn't be bothered' instead of 'my illness makes me very tried/depressed/whatever' - I'm just guessing but they have all kind of 'tricks' up their sleeve.

In any case, you need to forget the assessment and go through the descriptors and say where you wish to appeal and why. If it can be backed up my medical evidence this would be even better.

If you have a CAB/welfare adviser that could help with your MR and appeal then use them. They are the experts at wording everything correctly.

As personal as this all becomes you must remember that you are just a 'case' to them and they are following very rigid guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by DD91 View Post
    Really? This whole thing is stressing me out
    yes ive been through all this myself , the MR is just the first step , if they turn it down you can then appeal..
    so dont get carried away with the MR just outline your case then keep all your energy for the appeal ..
    its a long road so pace yourself and try and keep it together , the thing is if your ill they still expect you to fight for your rights .. look after yourself

I never have understood why people hold back for their appeal. If you throw everything at MR ( with the probability of appeal ) then all the hard work is done. The tribunal may look more favourably if you have done all you can to resolve the situation before resorting to them.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I have written about 2 pages explaining why I should get the points ( I was awarded 9) I have also hand written it, do you think this is ok as I’m finding it hard to type it on my phone

Hi. I've just been through MR and lost it despite including what I thought was a good letter, concise and to the point. The DM in Hackney said some things about me in the ESA85 and the other DM in Blackpool repeats them in my MR refusal letter which is 5 sides long and goes in to great detail as to why the decision stands. Some are similar to you, ie I have no problems going shopping, to the pharmacy, to the Dr's, getting showered, getting my meals and keeping the house clean yet sometimes I'm so depressed that I just go back to bed and put off doing those things for days on end. Clearly told the assessor that too. They do twist things.

It is very stressful and I know just how you must feel as I'm going through the same, not sleeping at night, feeling more depressed than before I received the ESA50 form and am drinking a bit too much for my GP's liking but as he says this is a worrying time for me with a tribunal looming. Just remember you're not alone in this. Thousands are fighting these decisions.
    Last edited by crazychris; 10-22-2017 at 05:36 PM.