Thread: Incontinence clinic - i don't get this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Incontinence clinic - i don't get this

i have recently been diagnosed with some bowel problem which became acute and was getting bad bowel overflow.

i contacted my local continence clinic who told me that first they would send out a long winded survey but hold why a survey when i haven't received any treatment or pads.

next even though my problem is with bowel overflow, the nurse is only wanting me to measure my urine output which would be a nightmare as i have a constantly flowing catheter and why my urine output when the problem is nothing to do with it.

i just don't get this and in the mean time no pads or nothing else.

the nurse told me that everyone has to do this for a first assessment, just seems very long winded to me.

finally this does defeat the whole object, for the time been i have been told to buy my own pads

have you done any research on your condition ? has anyone talked about the importance of getting more fibre into your diet ? because i recently researched diverticulits and it points out the need to get more fibre into the diet,which helps the condition !

They do a survey to find out exactly what is causing your problem. The digestive system is a complex thing and bowel and bladder problems are linked. Diet can be important but anything else is speculation at this stage.

the problem lays with the sigmoid colon and i suspect that it is this which is causing the leakage. at the moment i have an infection again but once cleared i will be starting fibregel.

i have spoken to a doctor only recent and it may be heading for removal of the part of bowel which is causing the problem, not something to be taken lightly.

i will update the topic as things go on.

You have my sympathies mikey.
    A couple of years ago ( maybe three ) I had my Gall Bladder out and it wasn't straight forward.
    The Gall Bladder was stuck to my Bowel obviously it caused a hole in the bowel when they separated it.
    Apart from the normal bouts of Diarrhea which are expected after the gall bladder is removed eventually things went back to normal.
    However now I have some bowel leakage ( not all the time though )
    This causes problems TBH in so much as I don't know it has leaked and it makes me sore!

I have decided to mention this to my GP when I next go for my medication review.
    Not pleasant is it !
    Sea Queen

i am like you in that i only know it has happened when i get irritation. i also get the soreness from endless cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    i am like you in that i only know it has happened when i get irritation. i also get the soreness from endless cleaning.
    Yep same here!
    This is the second operation I have had that has sorted one problem out - and created another!
    The last one was my bladder, part of a 3 in one operation.
    Had a Hammock under it because of incontinence when running or strenuous excersize. Well it cured that but created a continuous slight leakage - I give up.
    No more Ops for me unless it's life or death !!
    Sea Queen