Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my first universal credit payment

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As Jard says wait until it hits your bank, and check what your statement says.

If they do overpay you they will want it back of course.
    If they do then ask them to take it bit by bit from your UC over 6 months rather than all at once.
    i have found an article about universal credit I.T system http://www.computerweekly.com/opinio...t-blame-the-IT

ok heres ware i am now.
    today i got £317 and £355 rent on my UC (1months money)
    yesterday i got £251 ESA (2weeks money)
    i also got my DLA (we will keep that out of this as its seperate)

two weeks ago i asked them for a advance of UC for £200 , i agreed to pay back £50 a month.
    so the £317 UC is _minus £50 so it would of been £367 and £355rent .

now to the sittuation ive arived at , if UC are aware im still getting ESA fortnightly payments @ £251 and there paying me £367 a month UC then that adds up to £618 in total so far this month ..is that what i should be getting?..
    now im next due UC on the 8th of dec , trouble is in 2weeks time if they pay me £251ESA it will then mean in the period 7th of nov / 7th of dec they would have paid me £869 in total UC/ESA (and that is a overpayment).
    i have said earlier in this thread that ive notified ESA of change of address (they have said its UC that close down your ESA claim they have to leave it "live" untill then) and ive notified UC that my component for LWCRA has NOT been added to my UC claim and they have said "we will notify your case manager" SO i guess either they know what there doing or i will get another ESA payment in 2weeks

its easy for someone to say "dont worry your getting money paid into your bank" but i could have to pay it all back if i leave it.

Hey Druid

I did keep an eye out today to c if u got your payment, sounds complicated and chaotic but glad u finally got paid
    I'm gunna have to make my apologies for missing the party at yours haha x

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingwithdestiny View Post
    Hey Druid

I did keep an eye out today to c if u got your payment, sounds complicated and chaotic but glad u finally got paid
    I'm gunna have to make my apologies for missing the party at yours haha x
    haa there was standing room only

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    haa there was standing room only
    and the beer ran out
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

So under ESA you were getting £109.65 per week plus Enhanced Disability Premium 0f £15.90 - total of £125.55 per week x 4 £502.20 per 4 weeks.

Under UC you should be getting standard rate as single person of £317.82 per 4 weeks and should be getting £318.76 for being in the support group Total = £636.58

(Hope someone's checking my Maths!!!)

At the moment you are being overpaid your ESA and underpaid your UC!

I do not think they will balance this out at all. One is an overpayment. One is an underpayment. By my figures they do not 'offset' each other equally. So, I reckon they may offset the overpayment against the underpayment and add the surplus to your UC payment.

Mind you, I'm not a computer!

The possible 'danger' is that they will start deducting your ESA overpayment from your UC before they sort out your extra element for being in the support group.

Fingers crossed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
    So under ESA you were getting £109.65 per week plus Enhanced Disability Premium 0f £15.90 - total of £125.55 per week x 4 £502.20 per 4 weeks.

Under UC you should be getting standard rate as single person of £317.82 per 4 weeks and should be getting £318.76 for being in the support group Total = £636.58

(Hope someone's checking my Maths!!!)

At the moment you are being overpaid your ESA and underpaid your UC!

I do not think they will balance this out at all. One is an overpayment. One is an underpayment. By my figures they do not 'offset' each other equally. So, I reckon they may offset the overpayment against the underpayment and add the surplus to your UC payment.

Mind you, I'm not a computer!

The possible 'danger' is that they will start deducting your ESA overpayment from your UC before they sort out your extra element for being in the support group.

Fingers crossed for you.
    thanks for that lindy! , at the moment the over payment is minimal? but if in 2weeks i get another ESA payment then i wont be happy like you say if they do over pay me and STOP my ESA BEFORE they add my LWCRA bit to my UC i will be in a bad underpayment sittuation so my plan is to hang on to the money im getting and WHEN they sort it out IF they make me the scapegoat i will at least have some money to live on , im only spending around £4 a day at present (lucky to live near a lidals) because they are unreliable and are likely to stop ALL my benifits if they dont understand there own I.T system .

having looked at the sums AGAIN the £317 and £355hb added together make £672 take away £50advance payback = £622 (thats what i got from UC) so in fact i got my hb and £267UC so then £317UC and £251esa added together make £568 in total (so was i underpaid) if my monthly UC is ment to be £638 ? although lindy says i should get this 4weekly i think its £638monthly? .
    anyone know what the LWCRA UC exact MONTHLY rate is? taa!

i think its £317basic and £318 LWCRA added component? making a MONTHLY total of £636 total monthly..
    with UC we have to talk monthly to make any sense of it (esa was weekly).
    so if ive only recieved £568 ESA/UC combined (£516 after you take away the £50).
    then ive been underpaid in total for the period 02/11/17 to 02/12/17 ? if im paid ESA again in 2weeks then i will be over paid .

i'm trying not to get confused,but the whole thing seems so confusing..have you rang them to ask about the underpayment ?