Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my first universal credit payment

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    anyone know what the LWCRA UC exact MONTHLY rate is? taa!
    Universal Credit rates:
    http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/...2017-2018.html

Remember that you can't do an easy weekly to monthly comparison.

It's a month and not 4 weeks.

And you can't just times by 52 and divide by 12 either, there are slightly more than 52 weeks in each normal year to start with. (52.143 weeks).
    And UC calculation also has a slight adjustment to take account of leap years as well. (52.286 weeks in a leap year).
    It's more complicated, like how an accounting 'year' is worked out and then split into months.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-09-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    i'm trying not to get confused,but the whole thing seems so confusing..have you rang them to ask about the underpayment ?
    yes i put that at the start , they said they would email my "case manager" .
    everyone on UC has a case manager.
    to simplify ware im at , ive claimed UC im on the BASIC rate £317pcm but im ment to have the LWCRA bit £318 pcm on top of the basic amount , because im classed as LWCRA (its UC for support group).
    to complicate it more im still getting ESA because i rang ESA and told them i had moved and im now claiming UC , they told me "we dont close your ESA claim down UC do that" so UC are not paying me the FULL amount and ESA say they cant close my ESA claim down.
    so there you have it.

what a wonderful bunch of morons they are.....oops now look what you made me say

I've just read back through this whole thread and I see that we are missing an important piece of information.

Druid,
    You say that you were in Support Group for ESA, but you haven't said if this was Contribution Based or Income related. (Or CB with an IR top up).
    (I think it was at least partly IR as you seem to have been getting the EDP?)

This could be important here because if it was CB then the CB component of ESA stays outside of UC, and is still paid as ESA.

So it is quite possible to be paid both CB ESA (fortnightly) and UC (monthly) at the same time.

The way that (is supposed to) works is that they work out your total for UC, and then deduct the amount that you get paid for the CB ESA.
    I believe it is deducted pound for pound.

I'm not sure just what happens if you get 3 ESA payments in any one month? (It can happen, eg. the 1st, 15th, & 29th of a month).
    I'll try and find anything about it in the ADM guides when I get time.

I think that you would also lose the EDP, that is paid with IR ESA which you no longer have, disability premiums are not payable with UC.
    But I believe that the LCWRA rate of UC makes allowance for this so you should not be worse off.

EDIT- I now see that druid has started a new thread about this, I'll copy this answer there.
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...405#post137405
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-10-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.