Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No WCA Decision (5 months)

I would like to think so but take nothing for granted.

I've contacted her and left a message. She can be a bit funny so I may not see her for a while although I hope I can at least get her to re-read any literature sent to her, even if I won't be present.

Seeing her later this afternoon. Hopefully she does have a letter and we can put her mind to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GSD17 View Post
    Seeing her later this afternoon. Hopefully she does have a letter and we can put her mind to rest.
    you really need to call DWP and find out ..
    if you call on her behalf they will only need her to confirm some security questions , if there is a problem the DWP will think it strange you have left it this long?

Well, she has had no letter and she doesn't want to phone, or for me too phone either. I can't force her.

She did say the lady who she saw said she was a borderline case, but she would fight her case for her and in the assessment advised her to answer questions a certain way as if she had answered the other way, the decision maker would automatically reject her claim and she wanted her to succeed. I doubt the assessor was meant to do that and who knows if she was being led up the garden path to actually answer them incorrectly? She didn't tell me that before, just that the assessor was quite tough about the physical aspect, or lack of it and did say "If I can work...." but when it came to the mental health she softened and appeared to be caring....again, genuine or not, who knows.
    Last edited by GSD17; 11-03-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Well, she has had no letter and she doesn't want to phone, or for me too phone either. I can't force her.
    Yes, quite correct, though from everything you've said here it does seem probable that the Decision has been made, negative Decisions are usually made quite quickly and 5months seems over long either way.

If you can convince your friend at some point to let you phone them, ring the number shown on her last DWP letter you will only be talking to a telephone receptionist (call centre) and they will be able to give the information on screen in front of them, such as award and length of award (prognosis). You can also ask them to send copies of the assessment and decision makers reports (ESA85 & LT54), most people do this as these are very useful documents when it comes making the next assessment application (ESA50).

Best of luck, she's very fortunate to have a friend like you.
    Last edited by Jard; 11-03-2017 at 08:26 PM.

I'll try and convince her, but it's near impossible.

If I manage too, i'll ask the telephonist for all of that.

Thanks for the advice.

TBH she would probably be better knowing, one way or the other, rather than worrying about not knowing.

But as you say it's her choice and you can't force her even if it would be in her best interests.

Another thought, if she is in WRAG then she's probably due an appointment for a Work Focused Interview.
    They should be every six months, (unless they are too busy with the UC rollout in your area and so have suspended WFI's for a while).
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

If I'm honest ,
    I wouldn't ring them , at the end of the day she is still getting her money ,

Christmas isn't too far away , maybe ringing them would make them realise , and as you have said her WCA didn't go well , and the DWP tend to go with whatever the assessment people say ,

So I would not say anything , and in the meantime try and research a bit for any help (if it comes to her needing it)
    Organization like MIND maybe , at least if the decision comes and the news isn't good she will find some peace that she has help at hand ,

I would hate ANYONE to go through what I had to , it was this time last year I found out I failed my pip assessment , and premiums etc on top of my ESA and my pip payment immediately stopped I was down around £600 a month and I went through a horrific time mentally

nukecad - she did say she's due a JCP interview within the next few weeks.

Wish4positivity - I think that's her thinking.

Sorry you had a tough time. I recall when I was on ESA a few years ago how worrying it all was. I hope things have improved for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GSD17 View Post
    nukecad - she did say she's due a JCP interview within the next few weeks.
    They should tell her there what has gone on / is going on with her assessment then.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.