Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 week universal credit

Sink or swim is right, the UC ship has sailed SS Titanic
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Thanks nukecad,i am not moving house,unless i win the lotto (i can dream lol) it's all such a pain,i wished they would leave things alone,and stop this crap..i don't agree that we will have the housing benefit paid into our accounts,then we have to pay it onto the landlords,i might get tempted and spend it :P well i wouldn't do that,but some people might,so it makes life more difficult for people..bad idea that is in my opinion !!
    There are still ways for the rent to be paid directly to the landlord.

See here:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/housin..._to_a_landlord

Certainly in my area social housing landlords are 'stepping up' their support for their tenants which is a good thing in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    Sink or swim is right, the UC ship has sailed SS Titanic
    And what a bloody crew it's got in charge too!!

You can still get UC housing element paid directly to your landlord.

They have actually made it easier to do this, since they got so many complaints about UC claimants getting into rent arrears.
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi..._to_a_landlord

Not just private landlords, but large housing asociations running 'council housing' , and councils themselves were/still are complaining about it.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7944331.html

Oops, I'd missed this page and was replying to the post on the previous page.
    Pmlindyloo already gave that shelter link.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-04-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

that's good for people to know,if they get into trouble with their rent..thanks for posting guys

that's good for people to know,if they get into trouble with their rent..thanks for posting guys
    i have been sent a payment card from my housing association and i just go to a paypoint on UC day and use my debitcard that my UC is paid onto to pay my rent.
    that way i have a record of rent payment on my bank statement , and also you get a reciet from the paypoint outlet.
    with UC its best to get ALL your bills payable the day after whatever your UC payment day is each month and pay the lot together.
    that way the only money left in your bank is the money you live on.

that's fine druid for those that can physically get there to do it,the rent side of things hasn't been thought through properly,what about the disabled,what about people with addictions..what about people already in debt..it's just a bad thing to do,making people deal with their rent money !!

that's fine druid for those that can physically get there to do it,the rent side of things hasn't been thought through properly,what about the disabled,what about people with addictions..what about people already in debt..it's just a bad thing to do,making people deal with their rent money !!
    And there’s the BV scam..... Torres we have reduced the housing list and more people have been given social housing... truth is they just bought in UC to trip up disabled (that suffer forgetting stuff becaus of med, old and disabled addicts ect ) get evicted and have to go slumming it freeing up properties that house these reduced numbers.