Thread: Hyundai Tucson Diesel or Petrol or Honda CR-V petrol

Hyundai Tucson Diesel or Petrol or Honda CR-V petrol

My daughters car is coming up for renewal shortly and have started looking early of a possible replacement

Having driven a diesel for some 15 years in various vehicles and with various councils introducing various charges around the country.

Should the next be a Diesel or Petrol.

Been looking at the Hyundai Tucson 1.7 diesel and 1.6 petrol manuals and Honda CR-V 2.0 petrol. Although I like the low rpm torque and the economy of a diesel. I have driven petrol courtesy cars, although they are mostly small engines they seem thirsty.

So what are your opinions of those who have a Hyundai Tucson/Honda CR-V, are you finding the MPG in real life in comparison to the Brochure figures of both variants and of your driving experiences of these in general. Mostly local roads and via Motorway to local town and occasional day trip via Motorway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motaboy View Post
    My daughters car is coming up for renewal shortly and have started looking early of a possible replacement

Having driven a diesel for some 15 years in various vehicles and with various councils introducing various charges around the country.

Should the next be a Diesel or Petrol.

Been looking at the Hyundai Tucson 1.7 diesel and 1.6 petrol manuals and Honda CR-V 2.0 petrol. Although I like the low rpm torque and the economy of a diesel. I have driven petrol courtesy cars, although they are mostly small engines they seem thirsty.

So what are your opinions of those who have a Hyundai Tucson/Honda CR-V, are you finding the MPG in real life in comparison to the Brochure figures of both variants and of your driving experiences of these in general. Mostly local roads and via Motorway to local town and occasional day trip via Motorway.

Thanks
    According to three respected car websites they have the following average real life mpg, Tuscon 1.7 42.5 & 39.0 (manual and auto) Tuscon 1.6 petrol 33.0 & 31.0 (manual and auto) CRV 33.0 and 32.0 (manual and auto). Your own mpg will depend on the type of driving. My Octavia has done 35000 miles in just over 2 years and returns 45-46mpg, its a 1.4tsi auto with a book figure of 57. I have a friend who has the 1.6tdi auto and achieves 30mpg against a book figure of 75. Their car, a similar age has covered just 7000 miles and is regularly used for very short journeys.