Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the correct address of the DWP to put on my small claims court claim form?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Re: Bloke in Farm house on the M62. They had to build the motorway around him because he refused to give up his home. As I understand it, he sat on his roof with his shotgun and wouldn't move.
    I've been past it many times, but that story is an Urban Myth.

Yes he was protesting about the motorway and holding out for more compensation.
    But the land had a geological fault under the farm and they were going to have to split the M62 there anyway.
    So he stayed put.

Here's a 1983 Yorkshire TV documentary about the farm on the motorway, see 3 minutes to 5 minutes for the real story from Ken Wild (the farmer) himself.
    https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/...ay-1983-online
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Cannot recall, have you contacted your MP? Apologies if you have mentioned elsewhere, just don't have the energy to search previous posts.

Hey Guys,

Sorry to ask another question on this thread, however, does anyone know the postal address to request copies of all the letters sent to me by ATOS Healthcare? It should be a DWP address.

Many thanks
    Chris

Hi there

I'm new here. Just joined today! Hi everybody.

I have a couple of addresses that could help you. I have the address for ATOS Client Relations Officer relating to PIP. The address is Independent Assessment Services, PIP Customer Relations, PO Box 1006, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 1UL. The DWP have the address of Personal Independents Payment (4), Mail Handling Site B, Wolverhamptom, WV99 1AA.

Just a thought! If it's ATOS that have lied and caused you so much trouble then is it not ATOS that you should sue via small claims? ATOS carry out the assessments independently (apparently!) for the DWP to ultimately they are responsible for any treatment you have at their hands. DWP responsible for anything else and most certainly for any discrimination you are experiencing.

Gemspan

Quote Originally Posted by gemspan View Post
    Hi there

I'm new here. Just joined today! Hi everybody.

I have a couple of addresses that could help you. I have the address for ATOS Client Relations Officer relating to PIP. The address is Independent Assessment Services, PIP Customer Relations, PO Box 1006, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 1UL. The DWP have the address of Personal Independents Payment (4), Mail Handling Site B, Wolverhamptom, WV99 1AA.

Just a thought! If it's ATOS that have lied and caused you so much trouble then is it not ATOS that you should sue via small claims? ATOS carry out the assessments independently (apparently!) for the DWP to ultimately they are responsible for any treatment you have at their hands. DWP responsible for anything else and most certainly for any discrimination you are experiencing.

Gemspan
    Hi, glad you could join us and thank you these addresses. I guess I need to make a FOI (freedom of Information Request). I'd appreciate an address for that department if anyone knows it?

It turns out that ATOS are subcontracted out by the DWP so they are as I understand it, responsible as my contract was with them, also the DWP are most definitely the data controllers. Most of my case revolves around the way they collected the information, what they did with it and what effect that had. They also failed to make reasonable adjustment which in itself is discrimination.

Thanks again
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I guess I need to make a FOI (freedom of Information Request). I'd appreciate an address for that department if anyone knows it?
    Use whatdotheyknow.com, it's the easiest way to make a FoI request, and they do seem to take more notice of requests originating from there.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/dwp
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

I did an FOI through whatdotheyknow.com and it was very easy. The problem is that ATOS are a private company and you can only FOI public bodies. That was my understanding. Am I wrong?

If they are just data processors and everything is sent back to DWP then it would be worthwhile actually sending a Subject Access Request to the ATOS. Even as a private company they have to send you everything that they hold about you on file. Address it to the data controller. If they don;t hold the info then I think that it would be a good idea to get everything the DWP hold on your via SAR. That way you can see what they have. You can include a paragraph to include all recordings ie telephone recordings etc.,

You will find out how to get the information via SAR from the attached link here https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...hold-about-you Hope this helps.

Send a SAR to ATOS via this address. It concerns me that they talk about sharing and selling information relating to customers. Surely that can't mean they sell our private details https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z6148679

Thanks Nukecad,

Interesting. Do you know the correct address to write to the DWP to get all my letters from ATOS Healthcare?

Chris