Thread: Waiting times for backpay?

Waiting times for backpay?

Hi guys.

I was wondering if there is a rough guide to how long it takes the DWP to pay back payments? I won my PIP tribunal at the start of the year and money owed was paid to me in a couple of weeks.
    I was put in the support group just over 4 weeks ago and my payment is sorted out but no word on back payment yet. I only ask as PIP was sorted quickly but I also know the DWP can be very slow. If I should be chasing them up I know sooner is better as far as they are concerned.
    If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

I woke up needing a wheelchair late Aug 2015 and that's things benefits wise just getting sorted out now. They have been deducting money from me right up until a few weeks ago from loans etc allegedly from 2000! Things i cannot remember but they are sure I owe it! When i phone up about stuff for me for now the clown on the phone doesnt even know what day it is! What a crew eh? They obviously have everyone with a brain on the collections team and all the empty heads on the pay out team. Not a bad system they have!

Anyone have any info??

The only thing to do is ring them
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Ok,thanks David. I'll give them a ring Monday.