Hello, my name is Katy Johnson. I am a final year marketing student at Sheffield Hallam University. My lecturer for this module is Stephanie Chamberlain.

I am conducting market research for a product concept. The product is a portable, ergonomically designed, multi-use attachment to support an traditional umbrella/sunshade, walking aid and additional support for a wheel chair.

How I came up with this product concept is that a close friend of mine has recently become chronically ill resulting in her needing to use a wheelchair. I then realised through spending time with her some of the difficulties disabled people face on a day to day basis. I wanted to gather more research for a useful product where the wheelchair users could keep themselves dry from rain, an attachment to hold their walking stick and create extra support if they are less capable. Some consumers will not have dexterity to use some of the current products available therefore this product would be more useful for these users also.

To make you aware I will be meeting the expectations of The Research Ethics Policy. I am targeting wheelchair user additional supporters, if you are able to take part in this market research please answer the following questions below...

What is your age?
Under 18
18 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
51 - 60
61 - 70
80+

What is the most common age range of wheelchairs that you support?
Under 18
18 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
51 - 60
61 - 70
80+

What is your gender?
Female
Male
Transgender
Agender
Aporagender
Bigender
Gender fluid
Nonbinary
Intergender
Polygender
prefer not to say
other

What is the most common wheelchair users you support?
Female
Male
Transgender
Agender
Aporagender
Bigender
Gender fluid
Nonbinary
Intergender
Polygender
prefer not to say
other

What type of wheelchair do you normally support?
Manual
Electric

How many wheelchairs do you support outdoors?
1 - 5
6 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

If you had this wheelchair attachment would you support the wheelchair user more frequently?
Yes
No

Would you use this product and why?
leave a comment

Do you believe this product would be successful if I was to take it to market and why?
leave a comment

How likely would you recommend this product to a friend or colleague?
Rank from 1 to 10 (1 being not likely, 10 being likely)