Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: universal credit payments PART2

universal credit payments PART2

ok because my old thread has moved on and some people are finding it difficult to follow i thought it better to start again im afraid!!

i was on IRESA/SG +DLA (lower rate)
    i moved address to a UC FULL area so i had to claim UC.
    i set up a UC account (online) and produced I.D at jobcentre.
    i had to make another JC appointment to make my UC commitment.
    everyone it seems has to produce I.D and make UC comitment.
    i was told my first MONTHLY payment of UC would be on 8/11/17
    i was told my first payment would include my housing costs (HB)
    i was told the name of my case manager (everyone on UC has one)

ok so then i phoned ESA and i told them i had moved , they asked me the postcode and told me i would need to claim UC at my new address because it was a FULL UC area , i told them i had already done that.
    ESA then told me that UC was a different department and they had been told to leave all ESA claims LIVE and NOT to shut them down even when the claiment had told them they had moved to a UC area, they had been told that UC would be the department that closed down "old style " ESA claims.
    SO UC runs in 1month cycles and i was told i would get nothing from the 8/10/17 to the 8/11/17 then i get 1months UC (includes your rent) a week before your money is due you get a "payments" message on your UC account telling you what your going to be paid.
    my "payments" message said i would get £317 basic UC amount and £355 for my rent costs (my rent is £355pcm) .
    NOW because im on LWCRA (support group) i should also be getting £318 a month on top of the basic rate but this was missing.
    i phoned the UC helpline to ask why i wasnt getting my LWCRA amount on top of the basic rate , and they said they would email my "case manager" to get it added on.
    the UC helpline also said this does happen a lot early on in UC claims (i have also been told its a I.T fault) .
    OK on the 8/11/17 i got the amounts that "payments" said i would get (without the LWCRA) paid into my bank.
    NOW on the 7/11/17 i also got 2weeks ESA £251 (this is ware it gets a bit confusing).
    SO ive had only 1months basic rate UC and 2weeks of my old ESA benifits , paid in.
    OK hope your still there?
    so here is ware your going to need to focus
    what i should be getting is £317 + £318 UC + £355 rent =£990pcm

and so far in the months cycle ive had £317 + £355 + £251=£923.
    so im underpaid £67 unless in 2weeks time i get another ESA payment of £251 then i would of been overpaid

hope most of you can follow that bit , ive left the DLA payments out because DLA and PIP get paid as usual and dont belong to UC.

if anyone is about to claim UC and wants to pick my brains feel free, also im in LWCRA/support group and they still made me attend the jobcentre but im sure for those that feel they cant attend the JC if you call the UC helpline they will tell you if there is some way to avoid this?.
    when you start your claim online its not "live" untill you produce your I.D.
    i know it all sounds a mess (thats cos it is) but if they can stop my ESA and pay me the few quid im owed by next month and add my LWCRA to my UC payments i wont have to much to moan about UC

your ESA hasn't been closed yet (as you said) ESA is paid every 2 weeks,so you'll be due that payment again in 2 weeks..what a mess it is !!

Someone at the UC end hasn't done their job of informing ESA.

Process here!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ocess.pdf.html

Remember that ESA is paid in arrears, it is possible to get a final ESA payment after you have claimed UC.

Druid,
    I had just posted this in your old thread, I'll repeat it here.

You say that you were in Support Group for ESA, are you 100% sure this was Income related?
    Or was it Contribution Based with an IR top up?
    (I think it was at least partly IR as you seem to have been getting the EDP)

This could be important here because if it was CB then the CB component of ESA stays outside of UC, and is still paid as ESA.

So it is quite possible to be paid both CB ESA (fortnightly) and UC (monthly) at the same time.

The way that (is supposed to) works is that they work out your total for UC, and then deduct the amount that you get paid for the CB ESA.
    I believe it is deducted pound for pound.

I'm not sure just what happens if you get 3 ESA payments in any one month? (It can happen, eg. the 1st, 15th, & 29th of a month).
    I'll try and find anything about it in the ADM guides when I get time.

I think that you would also lose the EDP, that is paid with IR ESA which you no longer have, disability premiums are not payable with UC.
    But I believe that the LCWRA rate of UC makes allowance for this so you should not be worse off.
    (It's if you lose SDP that you end up worse off).
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-10-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    your ESA hasn't been closed yet (as you said) ESA is paid every 2 weeks,so you'll be due that payment again in 2 weeks..what a mess it is !!
    hi swizzle im not due ESA im ment to be on UC
    i shall repost in 2weeks if im paid MORE ESA after ive called both UC and ESA again ..
    yes it dosnt seem to be a smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Remember that ESA is paid in arrears, it is possible to get a final ESA payment after you have claimed UC.

Druid,
    I had just posted this in your old thread, I'll repeat it here.

You say that you were in Support Group for ESA, are you 100% sure this was Income related?
    Or was it Contribution Based with an IR top up?
    (I think it was at least partly IR as you seem to have been getting the EDP)

This could be important here because if it was CB then the CB component of ESA stays outside of UC, and is still paid as ESA.

So it is quite possible to be paid both CB ESA (fortnightly) and UC (monthly) at the same time.

The way that (is supposed to) works is that they work out your total for UC, and then deduct the amount that you get paid for the CB ESA.
    I believe it is deducted pound for pound.

I'm not sure just what happens if you get 3 ESA payments in any one month? (It can happen, eg. the 1st, 15th, & 29th of a month).
    I'll try and find anything about it in the ADM guides when I get time.

I think that you would also lose the EDP, that is paid with IR ESA which you no longer have, disability premiums are not payable with UC.
    But I believe that the LCWRA rate of UC makes allowance for this so you should not be worse off.
    i was income related ESA support group since ESA first came out.
    i dont really want ANOTHER ESA payment in 10days time as im suppose to be on UC and getting £317 basic + £318 LWCRA ?? thats what i saw on the site (turn to us) as the excepted rates for someone that was in IRESA/SG and has now moved on to UC.
    the only other thing im dreding is like you said that the lazy clerk now sends out the UC50 ??.
    also a thought i had was , do you think while my ESA claim still reads as "live" i could ask them if they know if/when im due to be retested? , that way if a UC50 arrives i could cry foul as its obvious im getting a UC50 just because ive moved onto UC? (even though i know the old argument that your retest date is just a guide and UC could get around it that way?)..
    i still think people moving to UC get a much higher % of retesting than those who are staying parked on "old style" ESA.....amen

this is the latest news i could find on universal credit roll out..
    https://www.tax.org.uk/media-centre/...says-committee

im suppose to be on UC and getting £317 basic + £318 LWCRA ?? thats what i saw on the site (turn to us) as the excepted rates for someone that was in IRESA/SG and has now moved on to UC.
    That's correct, £317.82+£318.76, I put a comparision of the various equivalent rates on my UC thread the other day:
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...l=1#post137494

If you do get a UC50 then you should fill it in and send it off, once you get one the process has started.
    You don't want to end up with a 'failure to comply'.

As said previously I believe the retesting thing is because the UC computer system was not set up to cope with 'Natural Migration', they wrongly assumed there would not be much and so never factored for it in the software.
    They assumed there would be very little migration until 'Managed Migration' started, by which time the software should have been updated.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-13-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That's correct, £317.82+£318.76, I put a comparision of the various equivalent rates on my UC thread the other day:
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...l=1#post137494

If you do get a UC50 then you should fill it in and send it off, once you get one the process has started.
    You don't want to end up with a 'failure to comply'.

As said previously I believe the retesting thing is because the UC computer system was not set up to cope with 'Natural Migration', they wrongly assumed there would not be much and so never factored for it in the software.
    They assumed there would be very little migration until 'Managed Migration' started, by which time the software should have been updated.
    you would of thought they would of had some feedback from the assessment centre on people being retested again just after they claim uc?.
    also i phoned UC 2weeks ago about adding my LWCRA to my UC payments , and ive had no messages back from my case manager , if i didnt respond to a "things to do" request in 7days my claim would be closed down.

you would of thought they would of had some feedback from the assessment centre on people being retested again just after they claim uc?.
    Why would they bother?
    They just get given a name and address by the DWP and told to assess that person, they won't even know if is a new claim or a transfer.
    They will know that it's UC and not ESA because they have to know which form to send out.

They get paid per assessment, so the more they do the more profit they make.
    Even if they get swamped with new assessments it just means backlogs, and it's not like that never happened before.
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-13-2017 at 09:01 PM.