Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying with a wheelchair

Well her story just fills you with dread doesn't it. I have to say I flew Easyjet in 2012 with a hire manual (all OK) and with my own Karma manual in 2013 (Monarch i think. But now I need my powered chair and the thought of THAT going wrong is dreadful!! It was bad enough breaking down in Lancaster once.
    More research to be done methinks!!

I've just had a rant in the thread about Manchester airport. Based on my experience, it's the worst airport in terms of traveling with a wheelchair, but I might have been unlucky. We all arrange assistance in advance LT! It's very very different if you're able to walk short distances. In terms of airlines, some seem better than others. Randomly Virgin and Lufthansa have worked well for me.

I'm pretty laid back and reckon I do a lot, but posting this morning makes me realise I need to get a bit more confident about travelling by air again. I also need a holiday!

Well where we go, I imagine it won't be from Manchester (sorry LT!) Living in the Midlands more likely East Midlands. Even if we went to Gatwick. Another issue is train from Telford to Manchester means Cross country rail. Upon phoning XCountry, there limit on size of wheelchair is 70 cm wide......which us a bit shite, in my book!! I got the Lightdrive on....by removing the back wheel, joystick and footplates. NOT a picnic on a moving train, I'll tell you. But my new off roader is not going via cross country. B#######ds!!