Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to have another assessment for PIP for "additional information" is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by pcb123 View Post
    So apparently the assessor has quit and the laptop she was using to take the notes is password protected and they can't contact her for the password.. So it's not for additional infrmation at all it's for a complete reassesment, they didn't actually tell me that despite asking if anything was wrong it's when my social worker rang that they told her.. Has anyone heard of this happening before?
    Personally, I would be asking what is going to happen to said laptop, as it has personal information on it, is the DWP the Data controller or are they? Maybe that’s a question best asked of your MP, or ask on a data protection forum (make sure it’s UK).

Just had a quick google:

The DWP is the data controller, meaning they are overall responsible for any personal data. The ‘Healthcare’ companies are ‘data processors’ whom have the same responsibilities as the DWP.

You should phone the dwp and make sure they’re aware of this, legally I believe if the laptop cannot be opened it would have to have it’s hard drive removed and destroyed.

RobT, that's a bit of an overkill, a (reset password disc) freely available on the net has never let me down when a machine needed opening.

Pip

Hey just been declined pip after assessment what now?

Appeal.
    tony

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    RobT, that's a bit of an overkill, a (reset password disc) freely available on the net has never let me down when a machine needed opening.
    Whilst true, that’s not really the point

Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    Whilst true, that’s not really the point

Also, this is a way off yet but just curious, if it comes to a tribunal how do they actually work do I need a solicitor and will I get legal aid for one? Does it have to be in a court or could it be in a room somewhere , alot of my claim is based on me having social anxiety especially in public places