Thread: Wrag Interveiw

Wrag Interveiw

Hi
    Just a quick question, when you,ve been moved fron SG to wrag, and have to go for your first JC+ interveiw does the interveiwer have details of your health conditions/history?

no they will only have basic information about you, so you will need to inform them how you are affected by your disability if they try to send you on any schemes etc.

Thanks slipmaster, Is basic info just general stuff like name, address,d.o,b etc, but no indepth specific health conditions as idendified on my e.s.a form or are they privey to my health history and my reasons for claiming.or are they oblivious and i am just a number.

I think what 'slipmaster' is saying is that you must NOT assume that the interviewer at the jobcentre will know anything about the difficulties that you have to face daily. The problems that you experience when doing things need to be highlighted so that they can make suitable alterations to, what/how, you should be requested/helped to work. You, know yourself best, try to remember all the times when you have had problems. What you did to overcome them and how the Jobcentre can help you to do this. I hope this helps

I keep a folder for all correspondence and letters for each of the following: ESA, PIP, GP & Hospital........If I have a PIP or ESA appointment I take all three folders..........If I have a medical appointment I take the medical folder.
    This means all dates, results,claims, treatments, prescriptions, figures and important information are to hand at any appointment should such be required..
    The folders are surpisingly slim after the excess paperwork is got rid of, the ESA letters being an example, where they send a five page bundle and only one has any information relating to me..........so that is four pages in the bin immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryo View Post
    Hi
    Just a quick question, when you,ve been moved fron SG to wrag, and have to go for your first JC+ interveiw does the interveiwer have details of your health conditions/history?
    From the experience of my one and only WRAG WFI, albeit some years ago(2012), the adviser wont be interested in any info you may try to supply them with as they already know you are 'unfit for work'. If they should ask you to commit to anything you must make it clear you will require "Reasonable Adjustments" under the Equalities Act' to accommodate your Difficulties/Medical Condition, whatever they/that may be.

At my interview, some of my problems were clearly visible to the advisor who told me the best they could do for me was put me on phone interviews every six months, after the first one I was then placed in SG via a Tribunal and have heard nothing more from them since.

The woman I saw recently was very nosey and asked me if I had savings and if I had a partner who worked, as she could see that my Contribution-based ESA ended after a year. I told her that was nothing to do with her which it's not. She said she had to put down my amount of savings now but I told her that's rubbish as she doesn't. I said I know the rules and won't get income-based ESA if I lose at tribunal. Don't tell them too much personal info OP as they don't need it! Oh she also asked if my parents are still alive and if I have any siblings. I told her that has absolutely nothing to do with her or my ESA claim and she said she was just trying to get to know me.
    Last edited by crazychris; 11-15-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks for all the replies,So it appears they will have no clue as to why i,m claiming e.s.a. and the person interveiwing me will have No idea about my specific heatlh issues, he/her will have no knowledge in front of them like this claimant is claiming because he has for example a dodgy leg, bad back mental health issues etc, and it will be upto me to enlighten them.

that's about the size of it, its because of the data protection act, its bad enough that we have to give dwp/assessment company's our info but do we really want the jcp staff to have the same info, just give them enough to get what is needed.