Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so annoyed!

I'm so annoyed!

I've just been into my social centre to have my photo taken for my Blue badge and pay my £10.
    There was this old fella in there, must have been about 80+. He was on two sticks and shuffling really, really slow. He was also in there to pay his money and have his photo taken which they did in front of me.
    He didn't have any ID and said he doesn't drive and doesn't have a Licence and he needed the badge for when his family take him about.

Just so happens I went to Lidl afterwards about two miles away and the chap pulls up as well. I'm on my crutch.
    The guy old proceeded to run around Lidl and I mean run and didn't have his sticks at all! He was completely different to how he was in the centre!

I was insistent on reporting him as its clearly benefit fraud, but my wife got a bit upset and says I shouldn't report him because she feels guilty because he's old!

please report him as he is taking a space from someone who is in pain and unable to walk far.

I see it the same way you do.

What was even more shocking to me was that he said he didn't drive and had no licence. He also said he had no birth certificate and the lady said she can't process his application without one. Yet, he was driving!

If he is doing that to get a BB then what else is he faking elsewhere?

PS. Just cos he's driving doesn't mean he has a licence.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    If he is doing that to get a BB then what else is he faking elsewhere?

PS. Just cos he's driving doesn't mean he has a licence.
    That is very true! If he is breaking one law then why wouldn't he be breaking others.

There's loads of people "at it", see it all the time? It just makes life harder for those who need the help.
    In saying that there are plenty people who go out their way to offer help or whatever so it's not all bad.
    Makes you mad though when you see people blatently at it.

There are of course many people with hidden disabilities so I try not to judge but this does seem to be so blatant i find it hard not to
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    There are of course many people with hidden disabilities so I try not to judge but this does seem to be so blatant i find it hard not to
    Exactly right, David. My disability is not always obvious. I have Neurological and immune disorders and I have days when I'm very bad and some when I'm not so bad. If I'm not having an episode at the time and I'm sat down you might not always know there is something wrong with me.
    But this man he had his back hunched and was literally shuffling his feet and was walking with two sticks and struggled to get up out of his seat. Yet, 20 mins later he was walking straight, no sticks and must have been in a rush because he was running around Lidl.
    I don't think he gets any disability benefits as he when he was talking to the lady he mentioned he had to be assessed at the centre for his badge. There was no auto entitlement.

I agree. I have a similar illness myself. I use a chair though so sometimes very obvious! Sometimes my speech is off,sometimes not. When you see people doing things like the op posted its kinda obvious. I see lots of that. People clearly taking the pi**!
    There are lots of people only too willing to ofer help. Sometimes it's surprising who offers help too.

Quote Originally Posted by David69 View Post
    I agree I dont look disabled but I have pulmonary fibrosis and an auto immune disease that affects one leg so am in constant pain when walking. However I cant walk around a supermarket without becoming very out of breath and in significant pain.