Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning for everyone

Warning for everyone

Ok - so I send in the required info for my lodger moving in - I got a call from ESA - as I have had to keep chasing it up as no one had dealt with it -during the call I was told x -amount would be deducted from my benefits which I knew because of all the invaluable advice I recieved on this forum - then he continued to say I would lose the SDP as I have another person living in the household - I said no because he is excluded as a lodger - explained I got advice from welfare advisors as well as off the direct gov website he carried on insisting I will lose my SDP because I would no longer satisfy the conditions -I stood my ground and said no it is not a relative therefore not a non dependent - he was very pushy the kind of attitude “ im right Your wrong “ -he then continued to say welfare advisors “ get it wrong” and it wasn’t until I said well the information is on your website that he put me on hold for several minutes came back and said “ I was wrong your lodger is am excluded person and therefore u still satisfy the SDP conditions I will update my notes - you will still continue to recieve the SDP” I find this scary for several reasons - these are the people making decisions and playing god with peoples life and income ? Had I have not stood my ground - I would have had the SDP cut ! I cannot get over that I really can’t - you all probably already know this - but be careful and if you think your right about something - chances are you are !

there making so many mistakes , i dont think they get any trainng , and as for rules they make them up as they go along.
    and all the changes dont help .

I knew nothing about benefits and the rules until I was awarded zero points at my WCA. As I have had to research and read up on things, I can now safely say that I now know more than 90% of the people who work for the DWP. They all tell me different things and some of them are so wrong its actually funny.

It’s so scary tho isn’t it ?how many people have had rates cut etc as they have gone off what they are told by decision makers -as Druid said they make their own rules as they go along

I've said it before,

If there was ever a quiz on ESA rules/regulations a team of regulars from here would trounce a team of DWP employees everytime.

Of course we have more reason for getting it right than they have.
    It's just a job for them, not their lives.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have just got off of the phone with the DWP and something that they have been telling me is not possible for months, is all of a sudden possible now I have said that I will write into HMCTS and ask them if they have more luck getting the information in time for my PIP hearing next month.

I’m glad u have it sorted justme2017 it’s unbeliveable

I think that most of the employees of the DWP are not deliberately getting things wrong, I just genuinely believe that they just do not know themselves.

It was only a few years ago I realised that having a lodger who isn't related meant that they were a 'disregarded person' from a Council Tax point of view. So I retained my 25% Council Tax discount providing you have the middle rate of care.

Most Council Tax workers aren't aware of this rule so you have to enlighten then!

Thanks for that light touch I’ll see what comes of council tax and bare that in mind ! Xxx