Thread: I have learned to be disable

I have learned to be disable

Hello,

What do you think about Rosemary Garland's purpose : “I have learned to be disable. What has been transformed is not my body but my consciousness. “
    « Becoming disabled means moving from isolation to community, from ignorance to knowledge about who we are, from exclusion to access, and from shame to pride. »
    I'd like to talk with you.

Hello,
    I'm student at Institut national supérieur de formation et de recherche pour l'éducation des jeunes handicapés et les enseignements adaptés (INS HEA) at Suresnes near Paris in France. It is a training centre of the French National Education Ministry. It's a training centre, a research studies centre, an expertise centre and information and communication centre about disabilities.
    That's the reason why I want to talk with you about disabilities. I think that french society is at the beginning of inclusion and that USA and UK are more inclusion society.

I personaly find that there is a perseption of a disabled person, prefering not to discuss my problems and just get on with life and my job. On

Hello,
    Wastwater is a beautiful lake. I saw it on the web.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Do you mean you don't perceive the world like everyone because you live with disability ?

You say you want to talk about disabilities. That is a very big subject and I think you will have to be a bit more specific in what you are asking! I hope that translates well.