Thread: Carers allowance.

Angry Carers allowance.

Now here is a highly unusual event. Phoned CA on Thursday to find out when they would be sorting the backdating out. Claim sent on the 21st. They got it on the 22nd. All done and refused. In one day? Such competence is unheard of with CA normally. Is this what the government plan is? That each department has so little to do because very few hit the points needed, that they can deal with every claim in one day? Computer error caused the refusal because the DLA notification hadn't registered. So CA can't make a phone call to check?

Hi Gab, havent been on here for a couple of days, weve all had that bloody norovirus...
    anyway, sorry to hear about your problems with CA, they are usually quite good at sorting things, its generally other parties that hold the job up.
    when i first started getting CA, we were getting ESA (dont get me started on that...!)
    theCA team were on the ball but had to wait WEEKS for the ESA to sort it out at their end (carers premium etc)
    Igot a nice bit of backdated money but that besides the pont...
    so what do you need to do from here? have you got to reapply for CA?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by gabopentin View Post
    Now here is a highly unusual event. Phoned CA on Thursday to find out when they would be sorting the backdating out. Claim sent on the 21st. They got it on the 22nd. All done and refused. In one day? Such competence is unheard of with CA normally. Is this what the government plan is? That each department has so little to do because very few hit the points needed, that they can deal with every claim in one day? Computer error caused the refusal because the DLA notification hadn't registered. So CA can't make a phone call to check?
    Not there fault you claim before Dla on system thats all they can do....... did you not check your DLA claim was live ? its not CA job to run DLA unit....when your dla live you will find them one of the nicer parts of the dWP

Ive got to agree with dave. CA team are the nice people at DWP. Like i said, its usually them who are up to speed and others who arent
    Got to admit though, when my bloke first got awarded DLA, i applied for CA straight away and within a few days, i rang them and they said id been awarded it...
    i just had to wait for the ESA.

Had phoned DLA on the Friday and was told that it would be activated Monday. I had no reason to not expect that to happen. The rep who attended the hearing ignored emails requesting decision notice so caused the activation to be delayed. I sent the claim a day after supposed activation. So far CA has been the unfriendliest. Maybe she was having a bad day. DLA has been superb throughout and IS this morning was extremely helpful. I put the comment on to see if anyone else had noticed a change in attitudes or normal helpfulness. 16 years ago they were awesome. 6 years ago they seemed a little unhelpful until pushed. Last week she wouldn't let me finish and kept interupting me. I am always polite, friendly and light hearted on the phone never rude. The DLA lady is phoning me Monday to tell me whether to reclaim or wait for the letter posted apparently on the 22nd, still not arrived with the reconsideration form. and send that in. Now that is the sort of help every department should be giving disabled.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by gabopentin View Post
    Had phoned DLA on the Friday and was told that it would be activated Monday. I had no reason to not expect that to happen. The rep who attended the hearing ignored emails requesting decision notice so caused the activation to be delayed. I sent the claim a day after supposed activation. So far CA has been the unfriendliest. Maybe she was having a bad day. DLA has been superb throughout and IS this morning was extremely helpful. I put the comment on to see if anyone else had noticed a change in attitudes or normal helpfulness. 16 years ago they were awesome. 6 years ago they seemed a little unhelpful until pushed. Last week she wouldn't let me finish and kept interupting me. I am always polite, friendly and light hearted on the phone never rude. The DLA lady is phoning me Monday to tell me whether to reclaim or wait for the letter posted apparently on the 22nd, still not arrived with the reconsideration form. and send that in. Now that is the sort of help every department should be giving disabled.
    a letter posted 22nd from DLA DWP can take a couple of days to get from section to post room then to you second class

Never ever believe what you are told about times on such things as DLA. It does not work like that. Until you get DLA you do not have DLA, even if they say you do. By that I mean when the first payment goes onto the bank, not when you get the letter saying you have it or are told on the phone. Sometimes claims get stuck in the void that is DWP. Even when you win an appeal & are told on the day you do not actually have DLA until the DWP are informed & put you back in their system.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Gab,
    I hate it when people interopt you and wont let you finish speaking too, nothing worse! The lady you were speaking to WAS probably having a bad day but no need to take it out on you..

What we need to remember here guys is that peoples experiences vary. Just because I found CA helpful, ithat doesnt mean that joe bloggs had a great time with them too.
    peoples opinions vary based on the expeiences they have had...
    i may get a letter or form in 10 days, someone else may get theirs in 5
    i think ESA is a waste of time, someone else may think theyre bloody marvelous...thats life
    But i agree that sometimes, DLA are a little slow and dont stick to the timescale given (maybe even more so after an appeal)
    And yes, CA do stuff up sometimes too...