Thread: WAVs on Motability

WAVs on Motability

Looking to possibly obtain a WAV on Motability but need a little information on APs.

When is the AP payable? I thought it was near delivery but have been told it's fully payable at the time of order. This seems to differ from the process for non-WAVs.

Thanks in advance
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Hi there.

You're absolutely right - the AP is payable upon delivery. A WAV supplier can ask you to pay it up-front, but you are absolutely not obliged to and people usually pay only either upon delivery, or a few days beforehand dependent on the individual converter's policy.

Worth looking at different dealers?

It's seems that there is no standard practice. Some WAV converters do ask for the full AP when the order is placed and some wait until delivery.

It doesn't really matter to me. Just wanted to know the process.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!