Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with weight loss

Problems with weight loss

I expected to gain a little as I aged but I'm at the end of my tether now
    Unable to exercise due to hip issues, much my weight is proving to not only be a burden in all senses of the word, but impossible to shift.
    Starting weight was 18 stone, I managed to get down to 17-2 by diet but now its back to 17-6 and has stayed there for months.
    My daily intake the same, 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of brown bread with black tea for breakfast plus the six tablets for thyroid, cholesterol and blood conditioning
    Lunchtime may be a cheese sandwich but not always.
    Tea will be a cooked meal, usually quorn based and fresh veg.
    No sweets, treats, cakes or biscuits and no milk or sugar.
    Other than squeezing into the microwave and melting the fat, I'm at a loss as to how to shift this excess weight and it really is depressing me.
    Any ideas ?(super gluing my lips together is not an option)

Slimming world has worked for me. Cheese can be a bad influence, especially if you are generous in the slicing! (Talking from experience!)
    Its not dieting, its changing how you think about food.....better to do it in a group as well. Everyones's been there, not judging. I have MS and can never do zumba, kick boxinhttp://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/

you are doing nothing wrong with what you are doing, i have had weight issues from childhood and decided to loose weight.

my weight was like yours where you lost some then all of a sudden nothing was happening, i then found out some information that your body gets to a certain point which is what you are at with nothing been lost, believe me your weight will go down eventually just keep persevering and it will happen.

exercise is also a key part to loosing weight besides dieting i would suggest having a talk with your doctors to see if there is anything they can recommend as you are having problems with hips.

I totally agree with reddivine, slimming world is awesome and you can do it online if your not able to go to a regular weekly meeting!!

I lost just over 5 stone with this diet, it is all about the way you think about food.

Give it a try, I noticed results very quickly and had a totally different frame of mind whilst on this diet.
    It makes you more positive and when you notice the weight coming off it will make you a lot more confident and you can still eat the foods you like.

I would recommend this diet to everyone, it really helped me and when the weight was coming off the better I felt

Hi I managed to lose 12kg with Juice Plus, my daughter suggested it 18 months ago, as I am unable to exercise due to disabilities, it worked an abosolute treat for me. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Hi all and thanks. I can't afford slimming clubs so I'll have to continue with my own form of dieting. According to the NHS calculators I am well under the recommended 1500 calories a day for my current condition. Lets hope its just the dormant stage and I'll suddenly start dropping weight again. I've got braces so I don't have to buy new trousers if it does happen

Its not all about calories. I certainly would not recommend juicing everything. Exercise will play a part, so see if there is something you can do.
    Try varying the breakfasts and lunches. If you followed the link you will see some ideas w.o. paying a penny. Try switching ham for the cheese. A jacket potato with tuna. Pasta salad. Semi skimmed milk is not fattening so your giving that up unnecessarily. Also 2 eggs a day? Could be constipation!

Sugar is the hidden killer, it's in ready meals, tinned beans and other foods even tinned veg, bread even has it in it, fat believe it or not isn't the enemy
    Last edited by tom34; 11-25-2017 at 08:19 PM.

The thing to do is become an avid "label reader". Little swaps can make a difference. Look for "fat-free" and low fat BUT READ THE LABEL. Less than 4% fat is what your aiming for. Additives like sugar and palm oil and other crap can be in everything. Fat free yoghurt. FF fromage frais. Low fat salad dressing ALL good and allowed on Slimming World. Fill up on fruit and veg, you won't miss the treats.
    Have a word with GP - sometimes you can get SW on prescription, it does depend on the Gp's

It's not about how much you eat, but the combination of foods and how they 'work' with each other.

Counting calories, 'cutting down' or 'cutting out' is a waste of time IME, but both Slimming World and Weight Watchers systems work well.

There is absolutely no need to go hungry or feel that you're going without - especially with Slimming World.

Most importantly, don't think about dieting or losing weight - just adjust your eating/drinking habits to fit in with your new lifestyle.