Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luthersgirl

If they smashed her window, I'd be slightly more worried about the CAR! BB has your photo on it now, so it would be nigh on impossible for them to use it. I have merely pointed you to the rights and responsibilities of having a BB

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    If they smashed her window, I'd be slightly more worried about the CAR! BB has your photo on it now, so it would be nigh on impossible for them to use it. I have merely pointed you to the rights and responsibilities of having a BB
    Some very good advice has been proffered in this thread which appears to have run its course.

You can buy a secure blue badge holder that you use a cycle lock to secure to the steering wheel - here's one on Amazon, but is you shop around you could probably get cheaper. This would take away the risk of the care being broken into to get the BB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Badge-...e+badge+holder

Quote Originally Posted by Luthersgirl View Post
    So can anyone tell me my rights please?
    The only "right" you have is the "right" of use of it, as with your Blue Badge, both the badge and bay are a Privilege not a Right any abuse of either can have serious consequences.
    Particularly, if someone is compiling evidence like your daughter continually using it without you present, which sounds probable given what you've said.

Following an assessment by my local Accessible Homes team one of the "adaptations" I had was a disabled bay marked directly outside my gate for my motability car. However it was made very clear that it is in no way "enforcable". Any driver can park in the space and there is nothing other than common decency and courtesy to ensure it is available to me. Luckily I seem to have found a street with enormous common decency and courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverknight View Post
    Following an assessment by my local Accessible Homes team one of the "adaptations" I had was a disabled bay marked directly outside my gate for my motability car. However it was made very clear that it is in no way "enforcable". Any driver can park in the space and there is nothing other than common decency and courtesy to ensure it is available to me. Luckily I seem to have found a street with enormous common decency and courtesy.
    People in the main are courteous and decent. As you correctly say the space, as is normally the case, is for the benefit of any disabled blue badge holder.

Thank you keithl I'll certainly look into that

Thank you but my bay is not being abused. My daughter has to drive me everywhere as I cannot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthersgirl View Post
    Thank you but my bay is not being abused. My daughter has to drive me everywhere as I cannot anymore.
    As a new contributor welcome to this forum.

This Disabled bay you have outside your house is it painted in White Paint or is it Painted in Yellow Paint.

If it is Painted in White Paint then it is only Advisory that it is for Disabled Drivers and anyone with or without a Blue Badge can park in it.

If it is painted in Yellow then Only people who DISPLAY a Blue Badge can park in it.

So if it is painted in Yellow and you have a Blue Badge then your Badge should be displayed.

If you are worried about someone stealing your Blue Bade you can obtain a case to Display it safely and also at the same time it is clear that it is Locked and can not be stolen. See link below for a Blue Badge Protector.

https://bluebadgeprotector.co.uk/pro...otector-double

https://www.thepieguide.com/collecti...badge-products
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe