Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 pricing indication

2018 pricing indication

In just a few weeks we shall have the benefit of q1 pricing and a flavour of what we might expect to see in terms of costs going forward.

awaiting with interest Did i read on here that any car with a RRP above 30 thousand is been dropped??. I note my make/model/trim has vanished

Current limits I understand are £28k and £29.5k, manual and auto. Many of the big suv's have gone.

As I said a while ago, some manufacturers have manual cars on the scheme, but not automatics and even those well below 30k, some autos, which are around and sub 25k, do not even show on the scheme at the moment.

Will be interesting to see what Q1 brings.

I wonder what effect Brexit might have?

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Current limits I understand are £28k and £29.5k, manual and auto. Many of the big suv's have gone.
    Not much of a price limit for an auto then these days is it sadly. Think if I was still on the scheme id struggle to get one now that suits

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I wonder what effect Brexit might have?
    None whatsoever, to any European manufacturers The UK us their second biggest market outside Germany

I wonder if Motability customers actually check the manufactures own listings as well as the Motability website. I find the range of models differ sometimes

Here’s a thought - in a few years there will be self drive cars. Nobody will need to own a car. I wonder if Motability will be needed for promoting lease hire cars. Food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Here’s a thought - in a few years there will be self drive cars. Nobody will need to own a car. I wonder if Motability will be needed for promoting lease hire cars. Food for thought!
    My thoughts are that driverless cars will be the same as the buses where you wait an hour for one to turn up at your door then along comes three in a row.

Not to mention such abuse such cars will get from those who don’t give a hoot with then leaving litter and god knows what all over the upholstery of the car for the next customer.