Thread: Was sanctioned on 23rd June for ESA, Have not gone to WFI since

Was sanctioned on 23rd June for ESA, Have not gone to WFI since

Hello,

I really need help!!! I was sanctioned on June 23rd and my ESA has gone down, i have been giving letters why I still have not been attending but I am still not getting the full money.

Who do I need to contact to lift the sanction from June? I have been told different things....I had a re-assessment last week but I have another WFI appointment next week...I was wondering If i could get backdated pay for the past months with the sanction If i do not attend but have had all my reasons accepted? how do i get this sanction off without attending?? hopefully I will be put in support group as my health has got worse and i havent been attending appointments

thanks

The reason why you had been sanctioned, and what you needed to do to get back into compliance should have been on the letter you got about the sanction.

An ESA sanction is 100% of the Personal Allowance.
    A first ESA sanction lasts for 1 week minimum + until you are back into compliance.
    For second and subsequent ESA sanctions the 1 week minimum goes up.

Presumably your letter(s) said that you had to attend a WFI to get back into complience?

So if you have not been attending then you will stay sanctioned until you do attend. Just how many have you not gone to?

Unless you are in Support Group then WFI's are manadtory and you have to attend if you want to be paid ESA.
    You are not in support group so you have to attend.

Until you go to a WFI you will remain sanctioned and will not be paid the Person Allowance, only the WRAG component.

Did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration of the reason for sanction?
    If you had good reason for not going then an MR could get the sanction overturned and backpaid, but from what you say this was back in JUne so you have passed the 1 month time limit to ask for MR.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.